Gidgegannup ODE 2009

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Secret85, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Little Bean

Little Bean Well-known Member

WooHoo!!! I can go!!! :D

Vet came out last monday and pony was allowed to start work again, vet came again today and watched pony under saddle and gave us the **) to start competing again!

Look out Gidge here we come!!! :D:D

2. little_welsh

little_welsh Well-known Member

I rang today and all the classes are full :( oh well i'll make sure I get my entries in earlier next time

3. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

Does anyone know when the draw comes out? I am trying to decide whether to camp on saturday or not. as my boy only goes on a truck. but would need a stable for it.

4. cavalletti

cavalletti Active Member

yay can't wait i'm in dgrade pc, only just got in i think, lots of my friends didn't though :( so come say hi! :)

i'll be camping!!! can't wait! :)

5. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

The draw usually comes out 1-2 weeks before the event. Kyara - I think you will have needed to book the stable on your entry form to get one as they are nearly always all booked out before the event.

I heard on the grape vine that they turned away 80 entries because they filled up so quickly .... :eek:

Wooroloo has record numbers for next weekend too - eventing seems to be an incredibly popular sport right now! :)*

6. Dashbabe

Dashbabe Well-known Member

Hoping my entry got in! havnt had a call back or anything so possibly i have?

If i dont then thats okay as i have a party sat night that i really want to go to and would love to stay the night rather then a few hours :eek:

7. Moondust

Moondust Well-known Member

If we didnt get in should we have had a call by now? So safe to assume we are in now? I sent my entries in the week of close :S

8. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

I heard that too! And "along the grapevine" that they're hoping for at least 10% withdrawals because of such a large number!

Pffft Esy - of course eventing is so popular, who WOULDN'T want to do it?! :p

9. Lil Dove

Lil Dove Well-known Member

Hey il see u there then!.. if i got in lol.. Il be C grade PC :D

Argh gotta practice dressage lol

10. cavalletti

cavalletti Active Member

yay! that'll be great to see you it's been a little while lol... i wanted to do C grade so bad, we've jumped all the C and some B grade jumps at gidge, but its only my second ode with pony, so gonna do D grade again. Hopefully all goes well, and I'm dragging Bree up to camp with me so you can join :)

pretty sure if you have'n 't been called by now then your in.

11. naughtydog63

naughtydog63 Well-known Member

I hope they sent people who didn't get there entieres in forms back or something?? Hmm...

12. jacksta

jacksta Active Member

Has anyone had their entry fee cheques cashed yet??

Mine hasnt come out of my account, but i havent heard anything about my entry not being accepted. I will be really disappointed if i didnt get in as i was upgrading my young guy to prelim at this event!

13. Happy Gambler

Happy Gambler Well-known Member

Ok all! I have been asked to post this on behalf of organisers:
    Entries are full, please check on ktrials closer to the date. All money and entries of those not accepted will be returned in full after the draw is finalised in case of scratchings so just because you haven’t been sent it back does not mean you got in.

14. Dashbabe

Dashbabe Well-known Member

im really worried now...

oh well if i dont get it i will be able to spend the whole night at friends party not just a few hours LOL

15. Moondust

Moondust Well-known Member

ok well some of us need to know if we got in or not as then we can plan other shows and get other entries in.
    it would be nice for them to call ppl and say 'u havnt made it onto the list but would u like ur entry to still be valid incase of scratchings' and therefore give us the opportunity to plan for no gidgie and other events instead

16. Little Bean

Little Bean Well-known Member

Guys I get what it's like not knowing if your entry was accepted but please understand organising an event like this is a mammoth job and they don't have time to call everyone who didn't get in to let them know. And considereing that if there is a scratching and you get to fill that place then they have to call you again...!

17. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

... I think they're just trying to make sure as many people get the opportunity to ride as possible :)

18. yep my cheque was banked a couple of days ago so guess that means I got in early enough.

19. eventkid1

eventkid1 Well-known Member

i hope i got in, i hope i got in, I HOPE I GOT IN!!
    im supposed to be going upto pre-nov!! ahh im excited too see the draw :)
    cant wait till it goes up!

20. jacksta

jacksta Active Member

mine was banked at the end of last week also... yay!!!!! im guessing that means i got in too...