Gidgegannup ODE 2009

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Secret85, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

I believe entries were filling fast Anna, and the Intro's are usually the first to go, so if you haven't sent in entries yet, might be worth giving them a call **)

2. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Are you bringing a pony Nick???? I hope you are :D .

3. Nickelodeon

*sigh* Nopers I'm not :( Nik being a riding school horse, it's hard for me to be able to take him out for 2 day events... And difficulties have occurred with the lovely tb I've been working with :(

I will be there, just not riding a pony :)*

4. springbok

Awww no, that is a shame :( . Sorry to hear ... I saw you were riding something new .... bummer #( .

Will catch up with you if you're coming to watch anyway @) .

5. Nickelodeon

Yep, that's him in the avatar << been working with him for a while and had hopes to start him on eventing, but unfortunately he's not mine and it's now unlikely to happen :( But that's an MSN conversation in itself ;)

I will most definitely be there for a chat and to photograph! Hope you're bringing your new boy out! Would loooooove to see him in the flesh!! Got lots of Stockies to catch up with :)*

6. naughtydog63

naughtydog63 Well-known Member

Don't get any ideas, people. I've claimed Nick as mine for the weekend already :p

7. XCkid

XCkid Active Member

pre-lim!!
    it will be my second prelim after log fence, i have to go down for woorloo highschools which is a bit annoying but then again considering i just got back from england it will be a good first run for jinxy :)
    does anyone know how the prelim course is?

8. springbok

hehehe now would I do that? :p

I have entered the new guy - hopefully all goes well :eek: .

XC Kid - the gidge prelim is really nice - quite encouraging.

9. MinninupRoad

MinninupRoad Well-known Member

XCKid prelim is lovely there!!! no MAJOR questions, but still nice and challenging.

Springbok any insight into the pre novice course? it will be my second (first is wooroloo) :eek:

10. springbok

IMO the Pre-Novice at gidge can be technical but not really huge. Comparatively log fence seems bigger, wooroloo is bigger and fairbridge is a bit easier? Just from my experiences and I guess it depends on what your horse likes because I remember ditch after ditch at fairbridge lol but nothing really technical. PN course at gidge typically has narrow chevron which comes early in the course followed by a treble of angled rails 2 strides apart followed by a decent apex in trees (but usually has an option) ... I find those come up really quickly for the 3rd/4th/5th fences on course. The water has a nice jump in but often has an angled, skinny fence out that catches a few. There is a trakener and palisade in the way to ditches but they're later on the in the course. It's always beautifully presented which I love :)* . Can't really tell you anymore lol - that's just from the years I've ridden it.

11. XCkid

XCkid Active Member

thanks guys :)
    i know i shouldnt stress, jinx could most probably do it with his eyes closed, but me, well my eyes will be closed lol!!
    how is the pre lim water ?
    yay minninuproad your going prenovice!!! im so being your cheerleader :)

12. MinninupRoad

MinninupRoad Well-known Member

cheers springbok...thats just what i wanted to know...but not really??? :p
    I guess you cant avoid technical courses for too long, every course is going to have a few elements you dont like!!! i guess with relatively green horse, i just worry about narrow fences...we jump them at home, but prob should do some practice doing them on different lines and angles...instead of just straight?

But i guess if he goes awfully at wooroloo then ill either try and downgrade or just scratch for gidge :) i love gidge though, the dressage arenas are fab and i just love the course!!!

All that said, im not overly fased about silly run outs at technical fences, as long as he will come around and jump it the second time im happy!!! i think its more the rider choosing decent lines, spotting a distance and sticking to it for once *#)*#) god im nervous already!

13. InkibahD

InkibahD Well-known Member

I did prenovice at the PCAWA champs at gidge, which was like 3 weeks ago im not sure if they change the course or not but that course was big but not that technical most jumps had good approaches(IMO) the only 1 i was really warned about was the apex coz you come round the corner and its there inthe bush kinda camoflaged almost so give the horse as good a look as possible with ur line...oh and if its the same ABC combination in the water keep the gas on u will need it for the C as its pretty big...
    Hope that helps although if they change it all around then it wont be much of a help :)

14. InkibahD

InkibahD Well-known Member

At PC champs the water looked quite technical although there was an option but im not sure how it rode as i did A/Prenovice many told me it rode fine even with the cheveron/arrowhead thing at C

You will be fine, good luck im thinking of going on the sunday to cheer a few of you on seen as i have to work sat(hence im not riding)

15. SaddleClubber

SaddleClubber Active Member

i came off at the C part out of the water last year at pre-novice... its a big solid bugger and its narrow as well...but there was an option last year (bummed that i didnt take it lol) so dont see why it wouldnt be there this year... **)

16. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

*ahem* Esy?! new horse?! have i missed something :p

i thought the gidge PN rode very well last year, me being on a green horse got a run out at the c element at the water but wasn't worried about that. alot of people were worried about the apex but it rides very nicely, as does the ditch fences.

only intro 2 for me this year :(

17. Intro 1 at Fairbridge is lovely and inviting. mostly logs lol! It's not until prenov the big ditches start occuring lol

18. Moondust

Moondust Well-known Member

Ok i finally have had the guts to do an ode for the first time in nearly 2 years and have sent off my entries. only doing c grade though. i will need a pep talk for the dressage though! so nik if u there please come snap me outta my dressage tension!

19. little_welsh

little_welsh Well-known Member

Just wondering if anyone knows if the PCAWA E grade is full?

20. Secret85

Secret85 Well-known Member

Your best bet to find out for sure and get the most up to date response would be to call the organisers.. :)
    (Entries close on Friday so don't leave it too late!)