Gidge Show Jumping & XC Day - 24th May

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by jonty, May 2, 2009.

1. jacksta

jacksta Active Member

The guy taking photos was from the countryman newspaper thingy. He said they will be in this thursdays edition

2. amber sunday

amber sunday Well-known Member

cheeki i saw you!! but didnt know it was you until i got home and aly told me lol. we were about 4 floats up from you, with the little buckskin appy, and the big tb. i wasnt riding though :(

3. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Omg Amber!!!!! Me and my sister were DROOLING over the buckskin appy :p We were watching as the bucky went round lol .. :p

Haha aww man! Didn't know that was you! did you see Hon and poor Jed?

Hope we didn't tick anyone off from the music :eek: (my float puller friend was playing his music quietly to keep himself entertained lol)

4. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Cheeki! I had no idea you were going (cos last time I saw this thread you weren't :p ) so I didn't know to look out for you! But that was me in the red with a group of others going around the course hehe, we also saw Tam's pony gallop away with her fall! Hope you're doing ok...

Missed Aly (darn it kiddo!), saw Dashy (congrats!) and Anna_Smiler (woman, your pony is the bomb! I totally love him, big congrats with his progress) and her 'possy' LOL - Jonty, were you around the people who kindly held our grey's while we walked the course? haha

Nik jumped ok, had fun xc, but the 75cm was really flat so took a rail, and the 90cm I took a fall - the energy was just not there and it honestly felt like he was over it and he just stopped, no real excuse really but I think that's him chucking a tanty LOL :p Not the perfect day (looooooooong), but we'll get there...

5. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

LOL Aw man - I saw Nick walk past in a group, spotted the red and bounced up and down to my sister saying 'omg I think thats Nickeloden from stockies!' .. she thought I was nuts :eek:

6. jacksta

jacksta Active Member

Aw Nick, I think i saw your fall in the 90cm. Hope you are ok! People were falling off all over the place during that class and in the warm up ring. I think it was a long day for some horses and they were getting cranky!

7. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Darn Cheeki! You should've given me a yell!

Thanks Jacksta, I'm totally fine - was a very feeble fall LOL :p I think the long day (we were there at 8am) as just a bit too much of a long day *sigh*

Oooo forgot to say that the Countryman photographer took mine and a friends photo, so we'll be in his section when it comes out haha! WOO celebrity-dom :)*

8. Jump Off

Jump Off Well-known Member

Oh no, I didn't see your fall in that class, maybe it happened when I fell off in the warm up arena pmsl......hey at least the ground was nice and soft ;)

9. jonty

jonty Well-known Member

I was in black jods and a bright green shirt yesterday....I wasnt holding the grey that was a friend of mine. Another friend and I where holding our horses off to the right while you guys walked the course....

10. amber sunday

amber sunday Well-known Member

lol yea she is lifeisweet's. was her first time xc, and about her 6th or 7th time jumping :) veryyy good pony lol.
    its alright we didnt even hear your music :p, and yea i saw hon and jed but didnt know it was them lol.

11. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Haha aww Amber - next time :D
    And next time Jed'll be fat n happy :D hehe

12. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Cheeki, yes it was me with Aly :) I was waiting to see if Aly would ever introduce me... I was still in sleep mode as I had a nice sleep in and gotten up about half an hour beforehand :D

13. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Oh wow LOL! YAY I met you hehe!
    Sorry my mind was buzzing and I was very worried about Jed (as you saw him yestie, he's not good). Nice to meet you :p

14. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

My boy jumped so well. I am so proud of him.

First round - training round. They put the pink stars in and we jumped it. YAY.

Second round - 50cms. We went double clear and fast, I think I was the first or second to take some really tight short cuts and turns into jumps. Found out that I came second in the 50cms. YAY.

Next, we went out and did cross-country. I was in Nickelodeon's group, Solly jumped so well, only one refusal but my nerve got in the way.

We came back from cross-country and they called my name for the 60cms but thankfully they let a couple of riders go in front of me so I could learn the course. Next, we went clear but in the jump off we had one rail down the blue ponies jump. I got him too close.

Then I quickly entered to 75cms because I felt like Solly could do it and we only have 2 refusals and got around the course which is a huge thing for me because we hadnt completed before there but we were elimated quite a bit.

But it was a long day and my boy was really tired afterwards. but we bot had fun.

I saw Amber Sunday there and said hello but I didnt see anyone else.

15. AbsolutStables

AbsolutStables New Member

:)) shame we didnt get it on film!!! it was brilliant!!! silly eddie hehe....u did bloody well to hold on!
    But it was the first time ive seen u smile since Wed :)

My young one was awesome, 2nd trip XC and first outing with other horses around...was soo well behaved and didnt bat an eye at anything...not bad for a 4yr OTT TB =)