Gidge Show Jumping & XC Day - 24th May

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by jonty, May 2, 2009.

1. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Awesome thanks Dash :D

Woohoo I'm so excited :D I didn't think we were going, so the horses haven't had much work this week (good thing my sister can handle Hon LOL).

I'll be on Jed .. he has a funny trot and canter (he paddles) and is a bit thin and stragley atm .. oh and he pees a LOT lol, so if we hold you up in the XC . .sorry! lol :eek: Come say hi - I'm shy tho ! Will be doing the XC with Aly and my sis (with Hon .. fat ferral pony lol)

2. I will be there on a dark brown and white pinto gally!
    in green!! :D seeyas all there !! :)

3. Not going anymore :(... have fun everyone

4. amber sunday

amber sunday Well-known Member

hope everything is ok aly?
    i didnt end up riding.. my dad has the flu so wouldnt take me, and as yet.. wont let me drive the float on my own *sigh*
    but i still went to wacth :)

5. tammy07

tammy07 Well-known Member

aly's car decided it didnt want to travel up to gidge today lol

i ended up going on shannons horse was prob the best thing i did got my mind of losing wally had fun jumped some 1* jumps xc whent back to the water for sdome extra jumping got a bad spot into the 1* drop into the water and eddie bounced me out of the saddle on landing so i was hanging on the side of his neck thinking i am not getting wet today lol he spotted the jump we were doing before to jump out of the water and just jumped it while i was still hanging onto the side of his neck then a few strides later i thought nope not going to make it back up so i just dropped hit my head pretty hard tho have a bit of a headache now but im glad i went now had fun and got my confidence up abit xc i havent jumped that high in a very long time lol

6. tammy07

oh and well done to kristen her first showjumping round i saw was brilliant looking so good now both of you looked so happy which is good to see

7. cavalletti

cavalletti Active Member

Hope everyone had a fab day today! The weather was pretty geat considering the recent rain, but it was kinda cold. I went double clear in the 50cm and 60cm sj, and had a geat time on crosscountry with no refusals! It was my first show with my new boy, and happy. Hope everyone else had fun!!!!

8. Dashbabe

Dashbabe Well-known Member

great to see you there tam :) was good to see you again to aly :D

Dash had a good day :) he went double clear in the 50cm, and placed third (dash was living up to his name and didnt want to have brakes haha) In the 60cm he went double clear, i forgot my jumpoff course but so was looking at my arm trying to figure it out haha *#) we still somehow managed to place 4th but? i only did one shortcut lol

He was a star in the x.country training :D did almost all of the intro1 and 2 jumps :)

And YAY amber sunday said hello to me :p was great to see you, i didnt even know you had your P's, i thought you wear running away with someones car when you wear leaving LOL

9. haha it was great to come watch even if i didnt get to ride :mad: * devo*!

was good to catch up with dashbabe cheeki and tammy.. um... i think thats it

oh and mirawee! who i went aroud with and looked at the big scary xc jumps :eek:
    and watch tammy jump big jumps * almost died .. even watching they where massive!!!!:eek:*

10. amber sunday

LOL hahaha na i got them.. 10 days ago :D:D:D:D:D is awesomenes... now to convince parents to let me drive float lol.
    was good to see you again even if we didnt get to talk for long. :D

11. amber sunday

congrats on your resuts too :p
    ohh and not only did i say hi to kristen, but i was informed that dashys paddock is firmly locked..
    *wanders off to find bolt cutters*
    teehee.

12. jacksta

jacksta Active Member

I ended up going, only just got home. The Dgrade SJ didnt finish till 5.30!

Took my boy xc and i was so happy with him, jumped quite a few prenovice and 1* fences and he took it all in his stride! Had a great day!

13. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I didn't end up taking Folly as he looked a bit scratchy in the paddock yesterday morning - I am guessing from being silly in the wild weather the days before. He looked fine yesterday arvo and this morning but decided I didn't want to take the risk.

So I went and dragged Aly on a walk around the XC course instead :D

I met Tammy07 but didn't introduce myself ;) Watched her do some BIG jumps, but missed the stack :p

14. the walk was fun :)
    them jumps where huge :eek:

missed your stack too tam! bugger :p

15. jonty

jonty Well-known Member

Was that the stack on the xcountry near the water jump?

I saw someone come off just near the water.....they where ok though...!

We had the best time ever, I think we did about 40 jumps in total, did just about every jump three or four times....great fun!

16. maxntaz

maxntaz Well-known Member

so jealous!

17. tammy07

yea that was me near the water hit my head pretty hard my neck is very sore today and i cant breath to hard otherwise i end up in fits of coughing

yea the jumps i jumped were huge havent done that big in a long time well since about 2005 when i had sasha

cavalletti just wondering who your new boy is i think it might be my horse that was just sold

18. tammy07

sorry mirawee i didnt realise who you were alex u shouldve introduced us hahaha

19. Jump Off

Jump Off Well-known Member

We had a pretty good day. Arrived at about lunch time but still didn't get to jump till about 3pm lol. My horse was a little fresh - probably due to not much work during the week due to the weather - she freaked out in the warm up arena when another horse was coming towards her and I fell off in the dirt pmsl....lucky the ground was nice and soft. I got back on and she was ok and ended up jumping a feral but clear 90cm round, don't know how in between the pig roots etc. We jumped a much nicer 1.05m round, clear and came 5th so all up it was a pretty good day. I didn't stay for the D grade as the light was getting bad.

I didn't see any other stockies there, sounds like some of you had fun out on the XC.

Does anyone know who was taking photo's for the jumping?

:))

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  20. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Tammy - I thought I recognised you!! But I didn't know if you were coming or not ... so didn't go say hi :p

Jed looked awful :( I saw him 3 days ago, and he was ok, but he's dropped so much weight and just looks shocking. He didn't want to stay behind alone so he came for a walk around the course. I ended up riding Hon :eek: What a champ :D Did the water jump (even jumped out) and a few others, Jed just plodded lol.

I *think* I saw Dash, tho I'm not sure. I Was waiting for her to say hi if it was you lol! I'm pretty sure I spotted Nickeloden in red ...

Mirawee - was that you with Aly when you came over to meet Hon?

Good day for us :D Besides almost rolling off Hon a few times (logs are scary lol) and Jed being ill.