Gidge Show Jumping & XC Day - 24th May

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by jonty, May 2, 2009.

1. jonty

jonty Well-known Member

Ok, who is going along to this???

I went last year and did the XC and it was the most fun I have had in a saddle to date....so count me in.....:)*

2. casperjesse

casperjesse Well-known Member

I'd love too but not to sure if my boy will cope with his feet yet. Will see as it gets closer:D

3. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Damn Wanneroo Adult Hack Day is on the same day #( So got to toss up between the two and see how it goes...

4. Shakia

Shakia Well-known Member

I would love to go but we will be in Melbourne that weekend.

5. tilda

tilda Well-known Member

im tossing up between this and the wanneroo hack day, this sounds better but then it would mean 3 weekends in a row of x country for mav...:confused:

6. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

is it a training day by any chance *crosses fingers* ?

7. amber sunday

amber sunday Well-known Member

yep cheeki it is training rounds for the xc, but i believe they have trianing showjumping rounds early morning, then comp rounds after 10ish??
    anyway il be there.. :D

8. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

*bounces* omg really? A training day? Wooheee I might be there with the fatty :D

*Wonders off to find something nice to bribe dad with to pull a float...*

9. jonty

jonty Well-known Member

Tilda, hacking at Wanneroo, are you serious.....!

Come out and have some fun with us.....I have about 4 or 5 girls meeting me there and we are going to do the xc slow and steady!!!!

10. tilda

tilda Well-known Member

no i mean otherwise mav will be doing xcountry 3 w/e's in a row!!! because im doing the brigadoon ode the week before and the wooroloo ode the week after

11. jonty

jonty Well-known Member

Oh Ok.

This will be a good way or sorting those issues you had out last week and get him ready for competition.....

12. tilda

tilda Well-known Member

i know ill end up going anyway,coz jumping is wayyyyyy funner than hacking :)*
    ill just have to make sure he has lots of protein in him to keep him going over the next couple of weeks **)

13. jonty

jonty Well-known Member

Just do some small amounts of dressage in between, on the day and comp I can lend you my kimblewick to try out if you want?

My horse is having two weeks off (already one week gone) and fed more than usual so the weight doesnt drop....I would always prefer a over fed horse than a under fed one....he is getting lucern, muslie and carrots plus about 10kg of hay a day, plus grazing....That should keep him well rounded!

Maybe give Mav some time off too? you dont want to break him.....:)*

14. tilda

tilda Well-known Member

yeah i havent ridden him all week, thought he deserved the week off after being such a good boy **)
    about the feed thinking about adding barley or something with higher protein than his cool and kind?? :confused:
    he already gets 4Xbiscuit of a hay, 2Xhardfeeds of lucerne,chaff,bran,pellets
    & his afternoon tea of half a bucket of chaff & a mollases drink the spoilt boy! :))
    definately not underfed at out place :p

thanks for the offer on the kimblewick i might take you up on that on the day :)

15. Anna_Smiler

Anna_Smiler Well-known Member

hahaha jonty you know il be there with bells on! and most likely il be more excited and energetic than ash....who is now on 1 cup of oats to hopefully lift his spirit slightly! hahahaha he is possibly the slowest horse ever!

p.s my arms are so sore after our lesson yesterday!

16. tammy07

tammy07 Well-known Member

well i was planning on going to this but have planned with a few girls from my agistment to go to the hack day haha oh well will be good for wally to hack

17. jonty

jonty Well-known Member

Next lesson Anna, Im going to put you on the lunge as we spoke.....then your legs will match your arms....hang on? why where your arms sore, it should have been your eyes from strugling to keep them looking forward.....

18. Anna_Smiler

Anna_Smiler Well-known Member

ahhhh not the lunge! i might fall off! maybe we could just do it in the round yard first? i think my arms got sore from when ash decided he didnt really want to play the game anymore, about halfway through the lesson. and he did his stubborn "im not moving my head" thing.
    hahaha im going to practice the whole "looking up and forward" thing 2mo....fingers crossed i remember how to do it!

and i had a look at that progame for that show you suggested. it looks goooooood. def have to pop down and giv the dressage tests a crack!

19. jonty

jonty Well-known Member

Im going to do the elementary as that is the highest test they have on the day, i think it should be a great relaxed day! All Un Official....

20. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Wooohooo I'll be there :) My first XC rounds ever, fatties too!

Aww shame your not comming Tammy!! woulda loved to have met your Wally :p

Jed and Hon are both being pulled out to come to Gidgey .. what time does the XC start? (we're not doing the sj)

Tammy - mind me PM'ing you? I have a few hundred questions lol