Gideg open encouragement gymkhana

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Bertie, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Bertie

Bertie Well-known Member

I saw the in the Gidge horse and pony club website, it's on the 27th July - but there is no other info, just wondering if anyone knows what classes it has?

Thanks

2. tammy07

tammy07 Well-known Member

ohh i wanna go to this if it has jumping

3. GiGi

GiGi Guest

HI Bertie, did you try ringing them ??

4. Dashbabe

Dashbabe Well-known Member

only just found this thread now...
    off the top of my head i can remember that theres handy pony, games (mug race, flag race, western bending, barell racing ect) hacking classes like longest/thickest mane/tail, wooliest pony ect.
    theres a six bar at the end of the day to.
    im pretty sure that its aimed at 18 and under, but im not totally sure, this is what the pony club president told us at the last rally =]
    classes will be run by age of the rider i think.

5. 3ponies

3ponies Well-known Member

I'm glad it's still going ahead. I told my girls we would go there instead of Little Britches this year so i would be in BIG trouble if it wasn't on LOL

6. tammy07

tammy07 Well-known Member

oh kool 6 bar im so bringing merlot

7. Shenalar

Shenalar Well-known Member

Hi Bertie,

The program is nearly finalised, and I will be posting it on the website as soon as it is.

The emphasis for this day is on fun. It will have some fun hacking style classes, some novelties, a handy pony course, barrel racing, and possibly a six bar. We are still looking for someone to set the 6 bar up for us and run it for the day, so it's a little up in the air - I hope it goes ahead. I'll post on here when I update the website with the program and entry forms.

8. HorseSlave

HorseSlave Well-known Member

This sounds like a great event. I think we may be a little young for it this year, but maybe next year?

9. Shenalar

Shenalar Well-known Member

Horseslave, there are leadline events :)

10. 3ponies

3ponies Well-known Member

No way Horseslave - that blue ribbon for hairiest pony is ours :p