general racing chit chat

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Shiobhan, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Shiobhan

Shiobhan Well-known Member

ok now this might be a hard topic to type replies too lol you'll understand why in a second.

what other racing website's wa or eastern states do you people visit. I only visit pert turf talk and more recently grassroots racing wa.

Ive learnt heaps by reading on the internet and I figured if I expand my search I can only learn more lol

The next idol chit chat. Is how is everyone's horses going. I have 3 out racing at the moment. Callistene and Danger Money with Sally Roworth in Esperance. Danger Money has 1 more run then he hits the paddock for 4-6 weeks before our season up this way. Cally gets to go racing I think the Kal round for a little while. Grasa Express is with Adam Durrant his only trialed so far waiting with itching fingers to see him start.

We head off from Hedland on the 28th for Perth, spending a couple of nights at the Burswood :) Got to pick up my float from Float Safe, I left it in Perth last year instead of carting it back home empty and back again lol not sure when we are offically leaving Perth but we will be picking up Jaws, Rav and Face.

My filly that stripped her leg to bone last year will be going into work next week. Will be some time before she races if she gets back.

Umm what else... Colt will be branded start of March. So tempted to buy a filly Ive seen but Ive been reducing numbers so got to keep my head in the sand....

Dont think I have anything else to add. Add you general chit chat :)

2. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

I'm only on perth turf talk too Shio, I think that provides me enough entertainment haha

Ill fill in some stuff for Tracey, I hope she wouldn't mind..

Her horses are all going nicely, and apart from the little filly they are back at the track working in the mornings. The colt is awesome, but dam strong haha They have a nice new one, that is recovering well..

**)

3. misskel

misskel Well-known Member

That is my horsey update. My 3 horses are all working well.

Bob (Tis All Good) is going great. He is looking a million dollars and I am so happy with how he came back from his 6 week break (Thanks Caroline) Last prep I just wasn't happy with him at all. He looked terrible and I just couldn't figure out why. I got him oiled out and have him on Kind And Cool and he is really happy. He is not pulling so much and I can do 2 laps at a nice pace not even time!!!

Angel finally has a name!! Show Me Heaven which considering she is out of Touched By Angels, I think is very fitting. She is eating everything and again I am putting this down to her being oiled out. She looks great and is working so well. She is a bit of a bitch going onto and coming off the track. Does little half rears and gets really excited when horses gallop past!! I try to ignore her "outbursts" and hopefully she'll give up soon!

Nulla or Cheeky Bull as I love to call him (Baltic Treasure) is going so well for a baby. This week I have been riding him myself and he is being such a gem. He is scared of the scary birds in the middle of the track but he tries not to be!! He too is a great doer and gets many many comments on what a spunk he is!! Being black and a colt ceretainly helps catch peoples eye!

6 weeks time and all 3 of mine should trial. Maybe 4 for Angel as she is probably the more forward of the 3 at this stage.

4. Shiobhan

I think Ive mentioned before but just incase lol

I almost brought your girls mother Touched By Angels. She was agisted at Beau's place never met her just missed her when she left there. Saw her advertised with a foal or in foal cant quiet remember. She has done pertty good for herself, one exported I belived. So cant be bothered to open the stud book at the moment lol

5. Spider n Toby

Hey Kel, thats great to hear they have come back in great from their spell!!

When's little Elmo getting back in?

6. misskel

He will be back on Sunday when the new pony arrives!! Cant wait to have the 2 boys here.

7. Spider n Toby

Woo Hoo!! yay little Elmo. hehe **)

8. Jewels'

Jewels' Well-known Member

Love keeping track of how all your horses are coming along. Love heaps of pics too hint hint:D

I occasionally go to Perth Turf Talk to catch up on some of the goss.

Our mare, Luv Playing To Win (Honey) has been back in a for a few weeks and should start on 3rd March. She is up in Geraldton with Murray Sharp. our little 2 yo STB hopefully will be having her 1st trial next week depending on whether the paperwork is completed in time. Our first choice of name is Elleker Rose. She has been a dream to train so far, very compliant and takes everything in her stride:)

Ice Cool Jake (STB) started Tuesday night and ran 5th. We have a 3rd share in him

Julie

9. Jewels'

Jewels' Well-known Member

Kel, meant to say I have been feeding Kind and Kool to my OTTB for about 4 months now and have seen a big difference. Good to hear it is working for Bob also.

Julie

10. misskel

Thats good to hear someone else is having success with Kind & Cool. Hopefully Bob will race on it. He is getting oats now for energy, (not that he needs it) so we'll see how that goes. Farrier said he is a very soft footed horse so less protein the better.

11. Shiobhan

Jewels was just talking to Murray yesterday :) he misses Grasa lol

Goodluck with Honey. Grasa is meant to go back to Murray if he does no good in town. There probelry stable friends!

12. Jess&Sabby

Jess&Sabby Well-known Member

i prob see you guys down the track every morning and never realise haha

13. persian queen

persian queen New Member

Hi everyone,

Spider has filled you in a bit, she has done a good job, so will fill in some gaps....

Giho - Gee is spelling in Pinjarra, due back at stables in 3 weeks. Cant wait to have the gentle giant back around the place.

Bonnie - McFlirt yearling - arrived at the stables on 7th jan, has just finished her breaking in and is off to the paddock in Muchea for 6 weeks, beautiful little girl who has grown heaps and is a joy to have around.

Haraani Son - Stormy is our 2 year old colt, went shin sore after first trial and has been spelling and went back to track on Monday. He is a very big solid horse and are taking time so that he doesnt go shin sore again, he is a late foal (Nov) so giving him time to mature and not rush. No plans on gelding him just yet.

Joncetto - Jon is 3 weeks away from trialling. Stronger this time in than last prep when he won by 3 lenghts at narrogin, goes best when kept fresh.

Cavalier Way - Cavvy is spelling in pinjarra with Giho. Will be out for upto another 3 months.

Silver Sunrise - Rosie is going to the breeding barn this year, she is a bad floater so are unable to race her in country anymore. She will race in 3 weeks in a midweek race.

Hawas - our new horse that arrived from Sydney 3 weeks ago and we were all very excited. She has been sick, so will give her a few weeks break and let her get over the float trip, new surroundings etc.

This is a great idea Shiobhan for a thread, i know misskel added hers which is great, hope everyone else adds their stable updates - standabreds too.

14. Shiobhan

geewhiz I hope Hawas recovers deffinatly need to put her name in the stockies blackbook pages. How did you score her.

We are still chasing 1 horse even though we have a enough we always have a back up horse lol

and yep standardbred owners/trainer are more than welcome to post there stable update

15. Spider n Toby

Yay Tracey, I am guessing you got your broad band back! Woot!

I can't wait to see, Hawaz and the colt racing! I'll be at the races when Rosie is racing for sure.. yay

16. Clerrt

Clerrt Well-known Member

Sorry if I'm hyjacking your thread here...........

I was wondering if Hampton Park's T/Bs are sucessful racers????

I found out the horse I ride (leased last year) is a Hampton Park boy. I've googled Hampton Park, but all I get is auction prices. I have met this horse and his half brother - look the same (same build/colour/similar white markings) (pulled the wrong one out of the paddock once :) ), same gorgous temprement (great for a hug, best riding horses, put up with everything)

Unfortunately I don't know his breeding - might be a bit innapropriate to post his brands up here for a search as I don't own him:)

oh yeah, and if this is innapropriate to post - could someone pm it to me????

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  17. simbin

simbin Gold Member

This is great guys keep it coming always interested in hearing about peoples racehorses even if I havent been an avid follower for years.

Might have one in a few years for one of you to train. Sold my last baby but from what I can see she hasnt trialled very well. Being a late late foal she might just need more time to mature. :D She is also by Statoblest and his tend to be late maturers anyway.

18. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Clert Hampton Park have gone byebyes - developers have bought out the property. The former hampton park is now (obviously) in a new location and is touchstone stud. They have a no more/no less strike rate than most other stud farms. Brad has invested in a few new stallions so touchstones strike rate wont really be assessable for another few years til the projeny of the new sires are on the track proving (or not proving) themselves in reasonable numbers.

19. Shiobhan

Clerrt I have a 93 model from Hampton Park. Papers and information on her have been lost so I dont know who she is. Brad said she was possibly by Jevington at the time. She is in my display picture. Wonderful mare now retired due no fault of her own just sent her away in 99 and never brought her home. We did everything back then (was fearless teen lol) wouldnt dream of doing that now lol

20. Clerrt

Clerrt Well-known Member

This ones 13 or 14, his brother would be 6 or 7 - so '95/ '96 and '03/'02. Would you guys know which stallion these boys might be out of (possibly the same one as yours Shibobhan)??? Both are around 16-17hh tall, solid, chesnut TBs - and I know they are out of the same stallion. Will do a bit of research on touchstone (thanks jez).