Friesian Warmblood pictures

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Wobbles, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Jaana

Jaana Well-known Member

Are you going to break him in yourself or send him out?
    If you send him out, most breakers/trainers prefer that you leave their mouths alone.

Sure introduce equipment, a roller, saddle blanket; but leave the mouth for now.

2. Jess Ware

Jess Ware New Member

Sounds good to me :)
    i dont think i will back him myself.. i havent mouthed before and i would hate to stuff up something as important as his mouth so i best leave it be i think.

3. Jaana

Jaana Well-known Member

Good idea, I mouthed my boy; but had an experienced friend helping me with every step.

4. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

I mouthed my colt as a baby as he is staying a colt and therefore needs to be bitted in public. I left Molly's mouth until she was broken in and she has the most beautiful mouth for it! Glad to see his wound healed so well :)

Carla, wow your boy has grown heaps and is looking amazing!!!

Here are a couple of new photos of 3yo Kit, he comes home from being broken in this weekend!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

That's a shame Lee, I haven't been showing my colt as he has enough other stuff going on at the moment but would have hoped more would come out to play.

6. Jess Ware

Jess Ware New Member

Kim he looks great :)

i've been looking at breakers (getting a bit too excited) and i've found a few places, fav so far is Watkins Horse Handlers. Does anyone have past exp with them or can recommend a breaker? wont be for another 12 months..

7. carla

carla Well-known Member

thanks kimaley. Kit is looking fantastic. i bet you cant wait to ride him. look at his trot.

8. Jaana

Jaana Well-known Member

Heffalump went to Watkins for leg restraint training and also to sort out his bucking issue - highly recommend them. I chose to break my boy in myself with an experienced friend by my side; however Watkins was my choice of breaker.

BC Horse trainers are also very good as are Tails of the Western Ranch.

I recommend giving them each of them a call, and if you can visiting them to see how they work and if you gel with how they break/train horses :D

9. Jess Ware

Jess Ware New Member

hmm... remembering how to upload pictures.....

[​IMG] ??

10. Jess Ware

Jess Ware New Member

unsure how to resize, sorry if they are too big

Rossi started at the breakers last week :) thought id share a couple of recent pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

He looks great Jess Ware and in great hands too. I bet you are so excited!