Friesian Warmblood pictures

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Wobbles, Feb 4, 2010.

1. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Jaana you and your horse are looking simply fantastic! **):)*

2. Picup436

Picup436 Active Member

I ride a purebred friesian, and he was started at 2 and 1/2. He's rising 6 and only now he's starting to really mature. They are certainly so different from TB's! With Rhett there is no relaxing the rules, because if I give him an inch he'll take a mile.

He'll invade my personal space at any opportunity, and because people love big black hairy horses its a constant battle to make sure he minds his manners.

Here's a pic of Rhett, just because :)

[​IMG]

3. Jaana

Jaana Well-known Member

Awww shucks, Thanks GR :)

Picup436 - so true, Tally is the same. Give him an inch, and he will take not only the mile but the entire highway system lol.

4. Natsky

Natsky Well-known Member

OMG you are all so lucky to own these gorgeous horses!

5. Court Eagle

Court Eagle Well-known Member

That picture with the dog is hilarious!!! :)*

6. sil

sil Gold Member

I've got the perfect picture to share :) This is from a friend of mine, two of her homebred Georgian Grande yearlings (Friesian x Saddlebred). They aren't warmbloods but looks like they will be really nice horses.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  7. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Nice pic Sill and nice horses !
    What an interesting cross. Would love to see more pics :)

8. madison

madison Well-known Member

Beautiful horses Sil your friend can send them to me anytime I'll be waiting lol

9. sil

sil Gold Member

I don't have many, just what friends send me trying to convert me to the dark friesian side :)
    One more, this is a Saddlebred mare with her GG foal, same sire as the other phodie.

[​IMG]

10. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

LOL. Look at those legs. A friesian on stilts :p Love it **)

11. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

Lovely horses Sil, the top two look like two peas in a pod :p

must say the Friesian x Saddlebred looks like it is a cross that works well :D

12. sherridin

sherridin Well-known Member

Woweee! That foal just oooooozzzzes quality! I think I need a fresian x saddlebred! Absolutley stunning!

13. Jess Ware

Jess Ware New Member

Hello again ladies,
    There may be a thread related to this topic already but you guys are quite helpful and im not too good at navigating this site yet..

I get my baby tomorrow, 21 months old, and im getting his feed together at the moment. Wondering what you've fed your babies in the past or present..? would he be too old for yearling prep feed??

ive done a heap of research but i though asking people in the know would be my best bet as there is SO much to choose from!

thanks in advance

14. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Hi Jess, you have to watch the Friesian Warmbloods cuz smelling food makes their bellies expand! Kit is on chaff, lucerne, grower and weaner and CellVital (as well as his hay). I think that is plenty, I am constantly cutting back as he is constantly too fat! He is also rising 3yo.

Speaking of fat Kit, he is about to learn how to be a riding horse!! Here are a couple of pics since the last ones I posted aaaagggeeeessss ago!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Photo credits all to Perfect Pony Photographics :)

15. Jess Ware

Jess Ware New Member

Thanks Kim! Kit is a beauty!
    ill post some of rossi as soon as he has had a bath :)

16. crputter

crputter Active Member

Jess
    Are you in Kalgoorlie by any chance?? I think i'm at your stables. I say this coz i was recently drooling over the new FW baby that turned up behind the clydie baby down there

17. August

August New Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  18. August

August New Member

19. August

August New Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

20. Jbear123

Jbear123 Active Member

Lovely horses guys, I haven't seen any on this thread I havent liked the quality of Freisan Warmbloods here in WA speaks for its self they are all lovely types.

A client of ours saw this thread and asked me to put up some pics I have of her lovely 3yr old Filly " Sequana " AKA Truffles who is by Fritts, she stayed with us for a few weeks being show preped and mouthed these are of her at her first inhand outing a breed show in Bunbury, such a gentle giant she is something special she has such a lovely mind on her and was a real pleasure to work with a truely magnificent animal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]