Forum optimization - who's online etc.

Discussion in 'Forum Management and Operation' started by Murray, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

Members may have noticed that I have disabled the who's online and who has accessed the forums within the past 24 hrs. Reason being is that I am implementing some cpu optimization solutions for testing purposes.

cheers...admin

2. Fiestymama08

Fiestymama08 Well-known Member

Just wondering how much longer admin till we can see who's on again:confused::confused:. Or is that goingto be taken away permanently. I really liked to see who is on.:)*@)

3. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Just be patient Fiestymama :)

4. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

We will get through it lol, it's all for the best. :)*

5. Yarraman

Yarraman Well-known Member

Did we get the new post button back yet. :confused:

6. Talkingshell

Talkingshell Well-known Member

No....I think Admin is still working on it

7. beagle

beagle Well-known Member

to see who's online,go to the QuickLinks button on the top tool bar,click on that,then choose "who's online" - errr obviously! Is that what people mean when they want to see who's around?

8. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Is it just me, or is now the "Who's Online" button gone too?

How the hell are we meant to contact someone via PM if you can't find their name to click onto & then PM away? :confused:

9. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

errrrrrrrrrrrr is not ther anymore#(

10. Talkingshell

Talkingshell Well-known Member

The only way you can send is go to 'User CP' then there is a list of Private Messages...click on 'send new message' - there you go to send someone PM!

11. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

Who’s Online is still available from the quick links drop down menu. Also, a little clarification while we are on the subject. The number of members and guests showing in the Who’s Online is now considerably lower than in the past. Reason being is that I have set the session timeout to 900 seconds therefore, if a member remains inactive for more than 900 seconds their login session will expire. This action is required to reduce the number of open sessions due to the amount of logins we experience. We are still experiencing up to 600 logins per day.

cheers...admin

12. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

If you go to quick links, and the panel in between mark forums read, and user control panel, click on that and it will come up with the list of your friends on your buddy list, and then select one and then private message, that is another way you can do it.

Whos online is still there for me?

http://www.stockyard.net/vbulletin/online.php

13. Remaani

Remaani Guest

And its now back...

Tarz it was missing in action for a while there, no poo! ;)