Forum Layout Changes

Discussion in 'Forum Management and Operation' started by Murray, May 8, 2008.

1. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

I am making some forum layout changes so if things look a little different please don't panic.:)

cheers...admin

2. samm

samm Gold Member

I'm glad you told us Admin ,cos I just refreshed the page and thought my eyes were playing tricks on me and I needed new glasses !lol
    Nice colour change by the way ,much easier on the eyes :)

3. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

Me too!!! haha

4. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Different colour .... ? Gee .... I must be really observant - only thing I noticed was that the advertisement block of links was down the bottom :} .Admin - would it be possible to put those paid advertiser links in alphabetical order now we have more links up there? I'm often looking for specific advertisers and it takes me ages to find the link. Samm - it's not just your eyes that need correcting!*#)

5. Murray

Thank you samm! The main reason for the change is to make it easier to add more advertisers and to eliminate the need for members and visitors to scroll past the list of advertisers every time they want to read a post (I wouldn't want anyone to suffer from RSI holding down that mouse key for too long:D). The page also looks much better with the list of advertisers included.

I also plan to add banner advertising under the navigation bar so if anyone is interested in having their business or whatever put up in lights please pm me.

cheers...admin

6. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

ohh I much prefer not having to fight past the advertisers to get to the good gos **)

7. Talkingshell

Talkingshell Well-known Member

Agreed it's a nice colour change and much easier on the eyes....and also good idea to have the advertisers on the bottom, in a way to add more as it's going to get bigger anyway!

Great!

8. magicfella

magicfella New Member

.....................nvm

9. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Lol thankgoodness you told us .. I've spent most of the day looking at it thinking "I know I haven't eaten yet .. but this is just crazy .. has it changed or not?" lol

10. Tain

Tain Well-known Member

Lookin' Posh Murray:)*

Well done you!

:)) S

11. Murray

Thank you Tain.:)

cheers...admin

12. photostop

photostop Active Member

:)* Me too thinks that putting the links to an alphabetical order would be a great idea !

13. BeccaBoo

BeccaBoo Well-known Member

LOL I must be so unobservant... there was a colour change? Haha. Didnt even pick up on that! *shakes head*

14. Valiente Blanco

Valiente Blanco Well-known Member

me either, I was trying to find it but still no success maybe I am colour blind .... or just ignorant :confused: *#) But I have notice some of the other changes, wohoo.

15. Faxie

Faxie Well-known Member

alphabetical for the advertisers would be great i agree!

16. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

What colour change???? In fact I didnt even notice the advertising had been moved until I saw someone had mentioned it :p . Although, I would have noticed in time because I do check out the advertisers from time to time.

What I have been curious about for a while is; there are 3 columns - Admin how do you add 1 and keep it looking balanced? I have never seen it where the numbers havent been evenly matched.

Anyway, you are doing a good job and looking at the stats this must be the best website :)* .

17. balletprincess

balletprincess Well-known Member

I always wondered the same thing Noelle LOL

18. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

I've always wondered this too!

19. BeccaBoo

BeccaBoo Well-known Member

LOL Noelle! I have wondered that too! I look at it and think 'Surely he's reached a number not divisible by three?!!?'

20. bicko

bicko Active Member

I like the changes, easy enough to navigate through . and well as for the ads .. i find them usefull :) keep up the good work **)