Foals 2012

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by wattle6180, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I LOVE the smutty on Pali's... my filly is going smutty on her legs & around her eyes, i hope she matures darker than she is, don't mind if she's not a clear coated Pali as i worry more about health than colour. ;)

2. NLEC

NLEC Well-known Member

DItto ;)

I love smutty pali's as well :)* They are stunning.

3. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

My little colt is not normal. For being so slow to come into the World, he's on Light Speed Ahead mode now. I was getting a little concerned this morning that he's drinking water already (Day 3). Worked myself up a bit that it can lead to diarrhoea and malnutrition....did quite a bit of reading on it today. After feeding up tonight, I don't think he's going to get malnutrition (happens if they fill themself up with water and don't suckle)....cos the little bugger was kicking his Mum out of the feed bin #:)rolleyes:

He reminds me of a little mexican jumping bean, or the Everyready Bunny....and then runs into his "bedroom" corner, drops down and sleeps until his next round. Absolute little tearaway!! Definitely not one to remain a colt lol :eek:

[​IMG]

I usually give the cone-toy at about 6 weeks......but not this time
    [​IMG]

Having a scratch on an old lupin stick....cos he's already got co-ordination??
    [​IMG]

I was going to put them into a paddock in a few days, but have decided to leave them locked up for a couple of weeks. I think he'd ditch his Mother and head off to discover the World otherwise *#)

4. NLEC

NLEC Well-known Member

He is delightful Wattle ;) :))

5. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

That's ummmm....a lovely word for it NLEC!

6. Troppo

Troppo Well-known Member

LOL Wattle your colt has got some spunk :)

7. NLEC

NLEC Well-known Member

Perhaps is a year for strong willed left brained colts ;)

8. NLEC

NLEC Well-known Member

He just wants to be just like this guy that's all :p :) :)

[youtube2]rs-jAImScms[/youtube2]

9. PPH

PPH Guest

lol You wanted a colt lol. Sounds exactly like Sniper. :p

10. PPH

PPH Guest

Docs Gay Finale, 20 year old mare in foal to Lynx, due early November.
    taken today
    [​IMG]

taken 17/9/2012, just under a month ago.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
  11. nklpark

nklpark Well-known Member

Teddy 8 wks old and getting big & muscley and clean for change :)

[​IMG][/IMG]

Grace 4wks old aka Hot Summers Breeze also by White Hot Nitro

[​IMG][/IMG]

Laylah 4wks old by Lynx Little Commando from Lil Miss Frosty ( White Hot Nitro's dam)

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  12. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Sadly Kit's first due foal slipped last night less than 2 months before being due. Thankfully the mare is ok but my heart breaks for her owner, she was carrying the perfect all black filly she was hoping for. I was really looking forward to seeing what this lovely combination was going to produce.

RIP little princess, you were just too special for this World.

We are now going to have to wait until the end of December to see Kit's first live foal cross fingers.

13. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Awe, hugs Bay and thoughts for the little foals owner. Very sad.:(

14. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Oh, I'm so so sorry LP :(

15. SMR

SMR Well-known Member

Oh no LP :( so sorry to hear that :(

16. PetaBizz

PetaBizz Well-known Member

Im so sorry to hear your terrible news LP. Sending big hugs to the mare, poor love xx

17. nklpark

nklpark Well-known Member

sorry to hear that LP :(

18. foxleigh stud

foxleigh stud Active Member

sorry about the little filly it is heartbreaking. We all look forward to seeing Kits Bubba in December :eek:

19. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Thanks all, I didn't own the mare but the foal had extra meaning for us too being his first due so I can only imagine what her poor owner is feeling :(

I am now focussing on getting this years mares all in foal (including 2 of our own finally!) and seeing the remaining 1 due.

Gee Stockies have had some gorgeous foals this year! I don't post much in here but I do look at all the threads with all the gorgeous foal pics :)

20. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Fire has just had an Equissage :) Her hips were pretty sore, poor girl.....but that's to be expected, I guess. Neo, of course, was in poor Nat's face and had a little neck massage before trying to eat the saddle blanket, eat Nat, and kick his Mother *#)

[​IMG]