Foals 2012

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by wattle6180, Jul 30, 2012.

1. PPH

PPH Guest

Congratulations Jodie, gonnan be a spunky young man this one :)

2. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I've yet to meet a Lynx baby that isn't spunky :) I was soooooo resigned to a chestnut colt, and had picked a name just for that!!!, but so very, very happy with Neo :D

3. Congratulations on the safe arrival wattle and paralna:))

4. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Thanks Coliban :D

[​IMG]

Sooooo happy :D I can't thank Paralna enough for bringing her fantastic stallion to WA. He's absolutely cemented every idea I ever had of QH's, and I'm soooo proud to have some of his babies :) So massive hugs & thanks again Paralna!!!

5. Blackie

Blackie Guest

Even for a quarter horse, he looks a little bum high *#):p hehe

6. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

Congratulations Wattle glad you got there in time. I have been in that situation too, where if I wasn't there I would have lost my filly as the bag didn't break. I bet you had a stiff drink and got off yor shakes legs when the reality of how close you came to loosing him sunk in.

He looks lovely, even if he is a little bum high lol;).

7. NLEC

NLEC Well-known Member

So we have another due on the 25th this month :)p yeah right) so the watching game is on......already.

Foaling alarm on last night, she has dropped dramatically over night, waxing profusely for a few weeks, clear discharge, then waxing again.......jelly bum, swishy tail and generally OVER IT and restless ;)

But we have a bit more to go yet .......no changes in her vulva, and she has a fair bit more to drop yet.

My gut feeling tell me within the week, and a Filly.

She is a QH of unknown breeding, and will produce a registerable first cross ASH. The Sire is Tinagroo Winchester from Narrikup, Scarlets Stallion ;)

We have a buckskin Filly on order :p

These pictures make her look small !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  8. :)*
    ohh she is close NLEC!
    Hope it is a filly for you!:D

9. nklpark

nklpark Well-known Member

Congratultions Wattle he looks lovely :))

10. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Thanks T :) I'm soooo happy with him, and so blessed to get what I ordered (+ spunk!!). How are your guys doing (esp Layla lol) :D

11. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Ooh, scary Wattle! He does look a spunky boy though :D

Gabes is currently at 360 days and now has "real" wax as apposed the the small droplets that disappeared after a few hours that she has had for the past week. Her udder has changed shape too although her vulva hasn't relaxed fully yet. Hopefully she hangs on until we get home tonight since it is out first day back at work after a week off!

12. Ridelikeyoumeanit

Ridelikeyoumeanit Active Member

aaahhh we are still about 5 weeks off the due date she is a maiden so have no idea what she is gonna do and we havent had a foal born since being in serpentine so at least 14 years.

very anxious and not looking forward to the sleepless nights

bag looking a little fuller and belly has the super point in the middle now. plus bubs has a very active foot on her off side tho every time i tell emma about it bubs stops moving lol

hoping for a colt as emma doesnt want a mare. and hoping for NOT a palomino tho chances of that would be very slim, fingers crossed for a bay or buckskin

13. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Ridlikeyoumeanit, what colour are the parents?

14. Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Yarrabah Quarter Horses Well-known Member

Congrats Wattle on your lovely bum high baby very cute :)*

Cheers - Sue

15. Ridelikeyoumeanit

bay and palomino

16. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

That's what Neo's parents are :) I thought I'd get a chestnut colt, but was convinced it was going to be a filly.

Good luck for a bay or bucky :D

17. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

We had a bay mare to a Bucky stallion last year she had a pally foal, then this year she went to a Cremello and had a Bucky foal!
    My pally stallion is out of black and Bucky parents as well!

You never get what you expect lol

18. Ridelikeyoumeanit

probably gonna get shot here but dont mind if it is palomino as long as it is dark and prone to smutting lol

cant stand the white wishy washy ones.

19. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Nooooo, you don't want a pali. OMG the washing!!!

20. Ridelikeyoumeanit

exactly why we dont want one. tho body wont show the dirt so much if it is a smutty one lol