Foals 2012

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by wattle6180, Jul 30, 2012.

1. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

So, with only days to go until the foaling season begins....who is already on Foalwatch? Beau is off enjoying the Olympics in London, so I'm on watch for their first baby, due on Saturday night (05/01) :D

2. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

Monica is getting a nice daily groom so I can sneakily check her over :) She's due between the 10th-18th :)

3. Diana

Diana Gold Member

Better get those cameras on charge guys!!!! :D:D

No excuses *#)

4. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

My aunties mare is due any day now, it will be the first foal born by Ima Smooth Blue Cat! :)

5. nklpark

nklpark Well-known Member

my first is due on the 16th August, not even a sign of boobies yet

[​IMG][/IMG]

6. dayna

dayna Well-known Member

Zophia has her alarm on and is in the foaling paddock with her friend (due around the same day to same stallion).
    She is due around the 15th of this month but is showing signs that she may go early. Being a maiden.....anything goes :}
    These pics were taken yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Checking on her today and she is more dropped in the belly, more slackened in the croup and her girly bits have slackened (to the point of gapping open slightly), lengthened a bit and she has started to shed her cervical plug.
    We were able to express a few drops of milk and it is a whitish/opaque colour so not far away if she is textbook.

No sign of wax though......I know not all mares wax.

7. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I have one in with the alarm on.....but the one due in 2 weeks is looking more huffy/puffy *#) Might have to milk-test her as well :)

8. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

i have two due very early next month **)

happy as i get to send them off to stud early for hopefully early foals next year for the yearling sales :D

9. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

how exciting:D cant wait to see Zophia's baby. phone call pleeease:)

10. Remaani

Remaani Guest

My first isn't due till 1st Sept but she's having the foaling alarm on today.
    I know it's early but she foaled last year (before she was due) with NO warning (no udder, nothing) & due to the massive storm damage our house copped & having to move out, she foaled before i could make other arrangemernts to send her elsewhere & the foal was found that morning, dead. :(
    So, i'm not taking any chances & all the sleepless nights with false alarms will be worth it.

Will have to sort the foaling cam out too & hook that up in her yard.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  11. snoopydoo

snoopydoo Well-known Member

Good luck everyone. I hope you get healthy foals. :)*

12. PetaBizz

PetaBizz Well-known Member

Cant wait for all the new bubs xx

13. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Kit's first is due on my birthday, dying to see that one too!

14. celestialdancer

Monica decided to tease me yesterday with pretend boobies. She's looking very huge and flips from "I need cuddles!" to "GET OUT OF MY SPACE" in the space of 0.2 seconds.

Luckily I get up early for work so she gets checked then but nothing too exciting is happening yet!

15. nklpark

nklpark Well-known Member

Betsy has boobies today, grew them overnite .... time to get the foal alarm out, she's due in 10days

16. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Weee! Can't wait to see the new foals :)

Diva is my first due and she isn't until the 13th Sept with Gabes approx 10 days later. Diva has already started developing boobies though - well she has had little ones for the last 4 weeks and still has 6 weeks until "full term" :eek: Not that they have done anything more in that time ;)

17. GeeJay

GeeJay Guest

Our half bred Clydie mare Jenny has started her udder its been 3yrs since GeeJay Tornado was born. Seems she needed a rest incredible when you think about she has been with our Stallion all this time, just goes to show nature heals regardless of the situation**)

18. celestialdancer

We have proper boobies coming through tonight :) monica enjoyed getting a booby clean during dinner and is very clingy to my gelding.
    Bet she'll foal when I'm working 6 days straight at the dairy!

19. dayna

dayna Well-known Member

Between rolling foal into position and snoozing, Zophia had us up about 8 times last night trudging across the yard in our flannies and ugg boots. On checking her this morning......WE HAVE WAX!!! **)

20. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Woohoo! More foals soon by the sound of it :)*