Foal Updates! :) And an injury.... :(

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Reigate, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Reigate

Reigate Well-known Member

Okies, well the good stuff first....

Heres an update of Dolan.... He goes off to his new home on the 25th March.... so his new owner is all excited about that....... she posted over some float boots for him - hehehe she got him blue with pink binding.... hes gonna look very cute in those! lol......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And heres his gorgeous mummy, Ceilidh....

[​IMG]

Now the next post in a second from me has some slightly gory pics.... so I will warn you now....

2. Reigate

Oh and for those who dont remember - Dolan is Talkingshell's Cullen's half brother - both out of Ceilidh! :)

Ok, last Sunday, Gryphon did himself an injury....

We discovered where he did it too........ middle of a panel of fence - between two posts....... on plain wire.... which wasnt the top wire either, the only reason we found it was that there was a tiny bit of hair on it and the wire was a little stretched where he had obviously hit it....

This pic is as it was when we found it - no bleeding to speak of .... amazing really....

[​IMG]

Craig stitched it up and we ended up with this:

[​IMG]

We had to use fishing line as the normal sutures were just pulling through and snapping....

Then Thursday we had to put buttons on it....as the fishing line stitches pulled through too..........that was because of the constant pressure on them....

[​IMG]

Tonight he got a third set of buttons in the middle of those two....

Its actually looking quite good in that the edges are all pink and healthy and its starting to granulate .... and its nice and clean....

Hes not impressed about his daily antibiotic injections or his bute....

Craig said next time anything pulls through, he gets a zipper! lol........

His owners thank goodness are totally cool with it all and are happy with what we have done, as is the vet who we have been on the phone to and emailed all the pics through to..... hes 300km away so cant just pop over....

His owners comment was 'Oh well, hes going to be an eventer, not a hack, so a scar isnt going to matter'......... WHEW!!!

3. Reigate

Now we have our gorgeous little Jenni....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are REALLY pleased with her! :)

[​IMG]

And heres her gorgeous mum, Mandy....

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, it looks like Jenni is our one and only foal for the 2007 foaling season by our young CBSH stallion....

Our lovely grey mare who he served unfortunately passed away due to cancer induced colic last year.... so thats one down .......

Then our Pally mare had a phantom pregnancy.... she bagged up, was huge, went all floppy in the back end.... then a week before she was due to drop, she deflated.... vet did a scan when he was here in January - the day before she was actually due to foal if she was in foal, and said 'shes empty!'.... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... thats two down....

And Sam, the bay TB mare who we have a share in with another fellow locally, well, she had a major leg injury some months back, and I would say she slipped when she was so stressed with the leg.... thats three down....

So we are VERY pleased to have Jenni on the ground!

Bill has 6 in foal to him for this coming foaling season...... so hopefully this year will be a better one for him!

Here is our lovely Welsh/Arabian mare who is in foal to him too:

[​IMG]

4. lil bec

lil bec Well-known Member

very cute :)* where abouts is the injury?

5. Mod 1

Mod 1 Moderator

lil bec...

It's on the neck area near the chest.

6. Delrae

Delrae Gold Member

Ariella, What a lovely filly Jenni is, who must be stoked **)

and I do love the buttons and bows on Gryphon, he could've had teddy bear ones though :D hope it heals well, certainly looks good

seems I am not the only one with misfortunes this year :(

7. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Wow that is some wound, I love the buttons what an ingenious way of ensuring that it heals well.

Can I have Jenni? She is absolutely gorgeous!

8. Reigate

Heheheh Delrae & Andhi, Jenni is just a bit cute isnt she??? lol.....

Lil Bec - as Mod 1 said, its about where the neck comes out of the chest - maybe a touch higher....

9. JSP

JSP Well-known Member

nice foals ariella - can't wait to see what your welsh/arab mare produces to your lovely boy!

10. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

gorgeous foals and mares!!!

that is some wound :eek:

hope it all goes well and heals up with no further complications poor boy...

like kids they are, always getting into scraps :)

(well i rekn so anyway)

11. Talkingshell

Talkingshell Well-known Member

Lovely looking foal...**plots** to steal that foal Jenni while Ariella/DD isn't looking and taking her home to have a playmate wiht Cullen and add extra CB into the herd lol

The wound is looking better and I am sure it leave a very minimal scarring as it's on the chestnut area rather than the white area which is the main thing!

Take care...