fly veil grief

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by JP Red, Nov 29, 2012.

1. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I think with the snug fit of the Buggez flyveils, that you'd need to have it under the bridle for riding. Similar to blinkers on racehorses. Only one of mine uses the Buggez-type flyveil, and only because I couldn't resist the cute pattern :eek: I haven't noticed it being blown-in in the wind at all, and it's been VERY windy lately!

Tiffy has only had hers about 2 weeks (?) and 2 washes....and it's faded quite quickly and pilling. But, at $20, I guess one Summer's use is good value :)

2. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I am loving the Premier Equine Buster fly masks :)

I have just order a few more to try on the youngsters (and young at heart) that like putting them off each other but with the design I think they will be a lot harder to remove but easy enough in case of emergency :)

3. Floggadog

Floggadog Guest

I'm tossing up between Cashels & Bugeyez.
    I know the Cashels do a good riding flyveil called Quiet Ride. & I've read reviews of people getting up to 5 years out of their cashels fly masks but I don't like the grey colour.

Remani- I noticed your pic was in the dark & wondered how many of you leave them on at night? I only have a couple of times but generally take them off each night.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
  4. Erika Roberts

Erika Roberts Active Member

The bug eyes are awesome!! Mine always managed to break the eyes though :-/ and my current horse would have fits if I tried to put one on him but I would recommend them... Someone from Wanneroo pc makes them I think :)

5. abb77

abb77 Well-known Member

just flip it inside out, its harder to catch the velcro on things and no pointy angles around their eye - if that makes sense **)

6. realalvin

realalvin New Member

I've found the Harrison Howard ones good. Good polar fleece type edging, soft but doesn't get filled with grass seeds. Recommendations only.