Float / Truck Cameras

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Little Bean, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Little Bean

Little Bean Well-known Member

I want to get a camera for my float and for my truck so I can see what the kiddies are up too while we're on the road.

Hubby also wants a reversing camera for the back of the truck.

Can anyone recommend a particular brand? And what you paid?

Does anyone have a wireless camera and do you pick up other cameras as you're driving?

The truck can be hardwired but the float will probably have to be wireless as I can't see him wanting to do a semi rewire on it... the truck is still in reno phase so no big deal.

Any info, pros / cons I'd love to know what people have and think of them.

:))

2. NaeNae87

NaeNae87 Well-known Member

Can't help with pricing or anything, but the boss has one in his truck. Its hardwired and is a reversing camera as well as a camera for the horse area.
    I think its bloody fabulous! You cna see how horses are travelling, If anyong gets worked up you can see who it is and what caused it.
    If i could afford one, I would seriously get one installed in my float :)

3. Little Bean

Thanks NaeNae don't suppose you could find out what brand it is?

My float is the priority as I can't see through the window and now that I'm driving with my 3yr so much and soon my 2yr old I really want to see that they are ok.

Out truck has a crawl through so in the past if we've heard anything I've been able to scoot back and have a look but it's a pain and not exactly legal ;) so just being able check them would be awesome!

4. NaeNae87

NaeNae87 Well-known Member

I shall ask for you LB :)

Crawl thru's are good things too. Easy access to the fridge for a beer (as I don't have my truck license) haha

5. Magic Moon

Magic Moon Well-known Member

Contact Magic from Magic Browbands. She has a wireless setup which will operate on 12 volt power or its own batteries. As well as monitoring the horse in the float, it is excellent for seeing what is happening when reversing the vehicle up the float.
    She is an advertiser on Stockyard.

6. Little Bean

I know who Magic is ;) so she has this system on her float or she sells them?

7. Magic Moon

She has this systen for her float. The camera has a magnetic base and attaches to her vehicle when she is coupling it to her float. Then she attaches it to a metal part inside the float for monitoring the horses. I believe one of her friends also purchased one.
    It came from http://www.eurohorseware.com/ and cost just under $300 (I think) It is called iSpy. Suggest you contact her to make sure what I have said is correct.

8. smc8_0

smc8_0 New Member

Would you know if the camera when mounted in the float has a wide enough view to see both horses in a double float?

I have heard the iSpys are good though ;)

9. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

I have the Ispy unit too (looked at magics :) ).

I think it works well and i can see both horses in my extended width/height and length float. I prefer to actually mount it at the back for a better view but i then usually forget to turn it off whoops :)

According to my very tech savvy boyfriend (i bought it before i met him) though its expensive for what it is and the parts can be bought online for a third of the price... tho that assumes then you know how to install it etc.

10. serendipity

serendipity Well-known Member

ooooh, I like this idea, and particularly the fact that its wireless and I could then use it in my stables at kidding time (goats)

11. Little Bean

This is something my hubby would say and do and then it would sit in pieces for months until I did it myself :lol:

12. serendipity

serendipity Well-known Member

Yep thats something mine would say too so I know its best just to pay the bit extra so I can do it myself!

I've been saying for two years I want kidding cameras for my stables, I reckon I'm getting old in my soft age but I'm sick of 2am checks stumbling out in the cold with a torch, would much rather roll over in bed check the monitor and go back to sleep. He's been saying for 2 yrs that he'll organise cameras and web streaming for me. I am still doing the 2am torch checks! 5 and a half months till kidding time, perhaps I should start dropping hints now ...

13. Eurohorseware

Eurohorseware New Member

Hey Guys, We sell the Ispy camera's. They are extremely popular. We've sold well over 100 of these in the last few months.

We are currently taking pre-orders for these camera's as the manufacturers cant keep up with the demand of orders so and they are sold as soon as we receive them. So we're now taking pre-orders so everyone that orders one will be allocated a camera. This ensures no-one misses out on these amazing little cameras..

You can purchase direct on our website Web Store or if you'd like to be sent an invoice for direct deposit please email us eurohorseware@gmail.com

The allocations are filling up fast again so if you do want one please contact us to put your name down.

These camera's come with a 12 month warranty and are australian made. They are so easy to use, just open the box, fully charge the monitor and camera, whack the camera wherever you want to put it whether its in your float, stable, back of car to reverse onto float, house, endless options, turn on the camera and monitor and away you go!

We have a facebook page as well www.facebook.com/eurohorseware

I dont get on here much but had a lovely customer let me know people were asking about our fantastic Ispy Camera's so wanted to come on and fill you guys in on the process.

14. Jump Off

Jump Off Well-known Member

I will check out the brand of the one in my truck and let you know. I can see ALL horses really clearly. I can see who is behaving and who is not! haha! **)

15. bscards

bscards New Member

Anyone know what the iSpy systems are like in a dark environment? do they have the night vision?

16. carla

carla Well-known Member

i have a reversing camera in my float and 7" screen in my car wireless. paid about $70 three years ago love it(ebay). it has night vision too. all i would say is get something with a 7" screen if you want detail. i must say you can get alittle involved at watching your horses that you forget your driving sometimes so mount the screen so you can also see the road easy. i put it on the seat next to me for a while but looking down got dangerous so now put it on the dash.

17. Magic Moon

I think you will find that it is illegal to have the screen mounted in such a position that the driver can see it when the vehicle is moving.

18. carla

carla Well-known Member

prob is but i can see the road and the screen at the same time so good for me.

19. Magic Moon

Might be good for you, but not good if the police see you using that setup. It is illegal. Also, might not be good for you with your insurance if you have an accident.
    Would you watch a dvd when driving if you didn't have a float being towed? Same thing - illegal.