Float Colour Question...

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Arnie, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

Good luck Arnie,

Nicky and Trevor are great people, who will do everything they can to help you and get you what you want. they went out of their way to get a brake control unit fron QLD to put on my float (I have two tow cars and didn't want to put control units in both of them)

2. feather feet

feather feet Well-known Member

check out the Flimo!!! and the awesome nissan;)..im spewin annie get a chance to get her fat ass in there..she would of tested out your suspension for ya!!**)

3. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

If you can afford it Arnie think about getting a triple.
    Being a breeder and wanting to show a lot you will love the extra rooma nd versatility that a triple will give you.
    I don't know how we managed before we brought ours :)

4. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thanks Arylin :).

I considered a triple but I have heard alot about horses (larger horses) lack of head room / space also considering the weight of the float + three horses it would be safer to upgrade the car to (an effy would be nice :D).

I'd love a truck! :p

5. Shiobhan

Shiobhan Well-known Member

totally differnet brand of float but this peuta silver (dark silver) same colour code as our old car seen in the picture. (old photo now)

white roof however.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

inside the float is the same colour on the walls etc bar the roof. havent had any issues with horses loading being dark just some that are a problem to load in the first place by the end of our season they all go on good so Im assuming they like my float and get over what ever their issue was lol

I have the 3 horse angle and cant say I havent had one horse not fit yet. Even had Rocky who is in a 7foot rug in it with room to spare. However if your getting the brand I think you are (havent read word for word all the replies) 7 foot rug ponies dont fit well in them lol

Nice float there are a few up here. Friend has one which she helps cart all the time she just cant take the big ones. And has to modify it for her daughters show horse to give him a bay and half and his only 16.2 I believe just built like a tank.

Good luck new floats are exciting. I want to upgrade to a truck just dont like the idea of going up ramp lol I am not a good loader myelf lol

6. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thanks Shio! Thats a lovely float!
    How much does it weight???

Certainly would be handy have a 3HAL but maybe look into upgrading in a few years when my show team has expanded a bit :p.
    Thanks for your input!!! Very muh appretiated! :D

7. Shiobhan

sure is handy a 3HAL (learnt a new abbreviation tonight lol) we didn't plan on one but the difference at the time was very minimal and with our stable getting bigger thought stuff it might be the only float we have for along time make it count haha.

I think from memory its 1200kgs its defiantly one of the heavier brands thats for sure. Was one of the reasons we liked it more than others. This is only personal experience, have found a medium to heavy weight float will tow better than a feather weight float. And one that tows directly under the horses instead of just the small a frame up front.

Dont tell the other half but I'll keep working on him to get a truck but I want a low loader lol Im a sook haha

8. bootedendurance

bootedendurance New Member

We had a gunmetal grey car and was this colour - it is quite dark.

[​IMG]

I have a new float hopefully arriving soon as well and when I was calling around, 1200kg I found was actually on the lighter scale for a 3HAL. Most manufacturers I spoke to the 3HAL were around 1400-1500kg some were alot heavier due to double floors etc. I had to be careful with weight as doing endurance I also carry alot of water with me to rides which really bumps up the load I am towing lOL

9. Shiobhan

oh yep knew there was something I forgot lol yep gun metal grey is pretty dark. My old man had a boat that colour and ironically called GunMetal lol

[​IMG]

10. Debs

Debs Active Member

Arnie see about adjustable chest bars and bum bars

11. Dashbabe

Dashbabe Well-known Member

Has anyone been successfull (sp) in removing the centre divider? We tried it a few days ago as we wanted the float as emty as it could be and we could not get it out. The head divider will never come due to the way its positioned in their, but I though the centre one would? Its like the pin at the top is to tight to move (I know they had problems with the pins being made to big for the bum bars, but I didnt think it was for the rest of the float to!) Going to be a pain if it doesnt come out :(

Arnie if your looking to purchase a big WB in the future try to get the extended height :p We had the intention of just getting the normal extended one but when we got down there they looked fairly low and we decided to get the extra height and wide as you never know what horses you will be floating around in the future :) Our float bays are big enough to have a pregnant mare in their lol! (even though we will probably never breed/have mares again)

Ours is blue- Had many comments on how the colour is really nice, makes you feel better knowing you havnt picked a ridiculous colour that doesnt suit it!! baha :)

[​IMG]

12. bootedendurance

Have you tried spraying some CRC or other lubricant etc on the pin? I know when I had another type of float the pin was hard to get out as well and I found having someone to lift the rear end of the divider at various angles while I wriggled the pin helped. May not help in this case though.

I have a 4HAL Imperial coming, hope the dividers come out ok LOL always an important thing if you have a horse go down!!

13. Dashbabe

Dashbabe Well-known Member

Thats a good point Bootedendurance, I will try that :) Thanks

14. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thanks heaps guys!!! Good point about them pins!

DashBabe that is a really funky colour! I love it! Thats a lovely blue!

15. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

All I can say is those Jesse Creek are absolutly AWESOME!
    They are extremely nice and very understanding!!!
    As soon as I can get to Perth I'm ordering my float ;):D.

With extra hight, double colour and a few other things ;).

16. wheatbeltanimalrescue

wheatbeltanimalrescue Well-known Member

They are also the Davcar agents and Super experienced in what they do - most lovely people i have ever dealt with for the purchase of something big (so not like car sales men LOL)
    Nothing is too much hassle for them - they are great **)

17. bootedendurance

I agree, I couldnt use Jesse Creek as they are the other side of the country for me but have spoken to them several times and they are lovely and go out of their way to help.

18. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Their great.
    Because of them I'm able to order in a few other luxury extra's that I wasn't going to get before. Cannot wait to finally hitch it on the back of my car ;).
    Their really good at supporting you to get everything you want!

Nothing like a brand spanking new float to satisfy a women :p:D.

I dare not ask for anything else or my OH will devorce me! LOL

19. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

welll.... as long as you get to keep the float , does it really matter :p:D

20. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Yes, I'll gladly use the float as the dog house too :D. For me...not hubby! haha