Fire - Lake clifton

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Fe, Jan 10, 2011.

1. KKKiroo

KKKiroo Well-known Member

Thats awful, how could anyone do that!

2. oldtenth

oldtenth Well-known Member

a little goods news

Lost terrier trots out of bushfire zone

One bit of good news has trotted out of a scorched bushfire zone south of Perth in the shaggy form of a little, lost terrier picked up by a fireman in a burnt-over paddock.

Lost terrier trots out of bushfire zone

3. minimo

minimo Active Member

If anyone out by the fires or burnt areas find any injured wildlife please give me a call. I am registered with CALM.

Lisa

4. sil

sil Gold Member

There have been reports of horse thieves (over east) stealing people's horses after offering to look after them, as well :( Some people have no shame.

5. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

Just an update for those that are interested..

Tuart Grove residents have been allowed back in. Armstrong hills residents still have to wait due to safety concerns.

There is a ranger going around making sure all animals have food and water.

There was another meeting this morning and still lots of very angry people.. Mainly because of the lack of communication.

I brought the kids and animals home yesterday..

As SIL said, there are lots of people that arent honest and will try to get anything for free.

6. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

Fe- glad to read your all ok

What do you mean about " lack of communication." ? People not being notified in time to get out ?

Cheers
    Lee

7. info on archie

info on archie Well-known Member

Does anyone know how many horses were actually lost? :(

8. wheatbeltanimalrescue

wheatbeltanimalrescue Well-known Member

As of 2pm Armstrong hills residents have been allowed back in - YAY, my sisters house is still standing :D

9. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

City girl. No one knew what was happening.. The same alerts were being issued hour after hour. You would stop and ask a police officer at a road block and they had no idea. There was no comunication in reg to the opening of area's. They just pulled up road blocks and left!! etc...

This morning there were lots of angry people because of the lack of communication.

10. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

Great news AWB.. I will PM you with my number and if you could pass it onto your sister for her and anyothers that need assistance with anything..

I am feeling a bit useless not doing anything and would rather dontate things to actual people so I know they get what they need and that they actually get them. I also have a motor home here for Accomodation if any of them need it.

11. jlnew

jlnew Well-known Member

fe - i too would rather donate directly to ppl i know, so if you have th names of those who lost homes (pm me), i can drop some stuff off to them next week.

thanks!
    jo

12. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

I only have the few names that the media have released. I will ask at the bakery tomorrow who needs what etc.

13. wheatbeltanimalrescue

wheatbeltanimalrescue Well-known Member

Thanks Fe - got your pm and have pm'd you back!
    You are very generous offering use of your motor home too **) i'm sure there will be someone down there who will definitely be in need of it!
    Pretty sure my sis's mother in law will move in with my sis and BIL for now, they will make room for her in one of the kids rooms or something so she atleast has somewhere to go, sounds like quite a few other people will not be so lucky!
    Hardest part now is residents having to cart water in until power is restored and pumps back in action to clean out their water tanks and flush them before refilling for use #(

14. jlnew

jlnew Well-known Member

we can send up some size 10 ladies, and sizes 8 and 9 girls clothing. :))

15. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

I hear you... I'd say the Officials didnt know themsleves with muti fires that had been lit, and 90% of the people helping out would have been Volly firefighters.

We where in the fires back a few years ago, it was stopped by the fire-bombers only 200m from our place, we'd evacuated all the horses, but only around the corner at a good fiends place- with other friends waiting there with their floats just in case the fire hit us- it would have hit there too. So I know first hand what your saying. All we could do is sit and wait-watching the fire get closer & closer- I went off my face at people "sight-seeing" who didnt even try and help ANYONE and just got in the way.:mad:
    Now when I see smoke close I start getting ready to get out, sadly horses & other anumals can be replaced but people-loved ones- cant. I'm just very glad that no one lost their life here & hope theres no more fires.
    Stay safe.

Cheers
    Lee

16. oldtenth

oldtenth Well-known Member

17. Zbell

Zbell New Member

O my goodness! Just letting everyone know that all these horses were completely fine! These are some of my grandmas pacing horses who were spelling on her farm, but got quite a shock when a bushfire came tearing through the area. Luckily, a neighbour spotted them, and cut a part of the fence, letting them into a bigger padock with more space. My uncle came and got them as soon as he heard. We first saw this picture in a local paper and Gran recognised them as her own horses. It was quite shocking, but I find the picture quite impressive.

from right: Phillip (14 mths), Duchess (15 yrs), 2 brood mares, Shapiro (27 years).

There is a large age range between all these horses and Gran loves them very much.
    I was showing her the wonders of the internet when we came across this picture that led us to the website. It touched our hearts to hear every ones concerns. Thanks!:D

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  18. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Wow, what a happy story, Zbell, so glad to hear they are okay!! :)

19. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

Thankyou so much for letting us know Zbell **)

20. RustyRidge Clydesdales

RustyRidge Clydesdales Well-known Member

How is everyone affected by the fires? That photo is incredible and so glad to hear the horses are all ok.