Fire - Lake clifton

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Fe, Jan 10, 2011.

1. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

Fe I'm so glad to read you & yours are ok ! you'd had a hell of a lot of people worried about you ;)

Cheers
    Lee

2. Talkingcody

Talkingcody New Member

Lake Clifton Fire

I live in the fire zone and have lucklily been spared. We got evacuated at 1.30 this morning with our animals and are hopefully heading back tomorow. Have been told that our place and Fe's is ok. Very very lucky. If anyone in the ffire zone area needs a place for for their horses to stay let me know as we will accomodate as many as we can. Skin the ******* that caused this fire, absolute devastation

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2011
  3. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

Is that you Kylie?? if not where abouts are you TC?

4. Beauvelour

Beauvelour Well-known Member

All my thoughts and prayers sent out to everyone!Such a horrible, horrible thing and i hope they catch those responsible!

5. ashes88

ashes88 Well-known Member

Good ol Steve!!!! i was worried about all those horses ill have to tell him hes a good bloke when i go to track with him on saturday morning!:)*

6. wheatbeltanimalrescue

wheatbeltanimalrescue Well-known Member

Well, last info my sister got was that her house is still standing **) Apparently her whole block is burnt bar the house pretty much so fingers crossed for her and sooooo many others the fire is contained and out soon so that their houses stay standing!!!

7. Ozzies_Girl

Ozzies_Girl Well-known Member

I still haven't been able to figure out exactly where the fire is? Is wattsies, the crab place safe?

8. wheatbeltanimalrescue

Where abouts is the crab place OG??? I know even the road house is under threat so thats a fair way back.

9. Ozzies_Girl

Ozzies_Girl Well-known Member

It's before the tavern if your coming from Mandurah, I think (hope) the fire is further ahead from them. It's my dad and his family, I haven't been able to contact them but they are all volly fire fighters so they may just be out. ';'

10. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

I think they are ok OG. It didnt get that far..

11. wheatbeltanimalrescue

Pretty sure thats within the fire zone as the tavern was evacuated yesterday arvo too - i'd say if your family are volly fire fighter they will be busy helping **)

12. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

Nope it way before the tavern.. It didnt get that far!!.

13. Talkingcody

Talkingcody New Member

Yeah its me, Kylie, Fe. We heard that Tuart opened up last night but we were too knackererd to leave Mums (Forrestfield). So heading back this morning.

14. Rambo

Rambo New Member

We were spared as well, our place is the containment line on the corner of old bunbury rd and southern estuary rd! Went down through Armstrong hills last night to look for animals etc and the scene is devastating. Like nothing you can even imagine....

2 horses have turned up in my friends paddock, I have only seen a photo of both- -an older chestnut horse with a halter on, brand 6 over 85 on one side and a blaze, then a younger bay with no white and no brand that I could see, also had a halter on, both ok. If you think you may know who's they are please contact me on 0428250289. They were found on the west side of old coast rd.

I am only on my iPhone so can't check in regularly so please anyone ring me if you need to.

Regards to all
    Stacey xxx

15. rbk

rbk Active Member

Just seen this posted somewhere...... this is going to be reality for a lot of people. :(

All my Hay has been destroyed by the fire in Lake Clifton today and I need some more for my horses. Can you help?? Please contact 0421326579

16. littleone

littleone Active Member

A friend and myself have started a thing on book-face
    TO get supplies to people who need them!
    If you can help out pm me and i will add you on there and arrange to have it down there!

17. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

There was a young girl at the briefing yesterday that had lost her horses, maybe get intouch with GWN/ABC/WIN news to see if she can be contacted. She had very short brown hair, looked to be in her early 20's. If your friend cant keep them there, let me know and I can help by keeping them here. 0424209162

18. jlnew

jlnew Well-known Member

a friend of mine in lake clifton posted this msg this morning.

"missing- palamino mare an pinto gelding. Maddy an scruff, if any1 comes across them call me. Last seen runnin north of fires. Cheers :)"

so if that matches anything thats turned up in your paddocks ect, you can pm me your number and ill pass it along.

thanks
    jo

19. sil

sil Gold Member

Please be cautious in donating products/hay/funds to help others out - go through official relief in the area or with people you know affected in the area personally.

As with the Toodyay fires, there's a possibility people will take advantage and turn up to claim free feed etc despite not being affected.

20. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

Gahh, I'd hate to have horses go missing :(

Hope they're all found well and relatively unijured, if at all, and reunited with their loving owners.