Fire - Lake clifton

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Fe, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

For those in the area, there is a fire in Lake clifton.. Its just on the west east side of southern estury rd where it meets Old bunbury rd.. Fire fighters are in attendance as well as bombers.. Its not too far from here and we are all stressing..

2. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Have been watching this for awhile. I thought it looked more over Beau's way.....thank goodness it's not!

So it's on the west side of the estuary then Fe??

3. wheatbeltanimalrescue

wheatbeltanimalrescue Well-known Member

Oh CRAP - my sister and her family are on Southern Estuary Rd! Luckily no horses to have to move, they only have dogs but still - will get on the phone now and make sure they are ok!

STAY SAFE EVERYONE!!!

4. Ozzies_Girl

Ozzies_Girl Well-known Member

Does that mean it's near wattsies place, that crab shop?

5. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

i can see if from waroona and pinjarra. :(

6. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

hey Fe, I just saw this and thought of you. Hope you stay safe hun xx

7. wheatbeltanimalrescue

BuGGER - just spoke to my sister, she and her eldest daughter are in bunbury at work today but BIL and younger neice are heading back to their property now - the fire is right opposite them, AND BIL has decided he wants to stay and fight it #( Wish i lived closer so i could go and drag them away!!!!!!
    PLEASE everyone....... stay safe, stay only as long as you feel confident and leave as soon as you feel its too close for comfort!!!

8. Babe the standy ROCKS

Babe the standy ROCKS Well-known Member

Fe do you need any help with floating? I'm available if you need me. Keep safe. WBAR I hope your family stays safe.

9. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

I'm only up the road so to speak- if any needs help.. I have a double horse float & I can make room for horses etc

stay safe ANYONE

Lee

10. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

11. wheatbeltanimalrescue

OMG My sisters neighbours place is already up in flames - Brother in law and neice have been kicked out by police and told they are not allowed to stay and defend the house - all they had time to grab was the dogs :(
    I'm absolutey terrified now for everyone down that way PLEASE BE SAFE AND LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!

12. beau

beau Well-known Member

Do they need anyware to go, we do have a doggy proof spare yard if needed. We are just down Old Bunbury Road.

13. wheatbeltanimalrescue

thanks Beau - they should be fine - all my family is down in mandurah as well as BIL's family are down mandurah way too so should have plenty of places to go but THANKYOU so much for the offer **)

14. feather feet

feather feet Well-known Member

holy crap!!! unreal you guys battling fires and we are drowning over here!!! stay safe everyone:(

15. beks

beks Well-known Member

If anyone needs a hand I have a double horse float and im able to come and help

beks

16. wheatbeltanimalrescue

FFS!!!! My brother in law has got his girls out safe so they are with my sister at a friends place but he has gone back in to help fight the fire!!! STUUUUPPPPIIIIDDDDDDDD!!!!! Please anyone down that area - dont go back in and help fight it when you are not properly trained or equipped :(
    My sister is absolutely terrified he wont come out - why do people feel the need to go in and fight when they are not trained to do so???? I'd have run so far and fast its not funny! Nothing could convince me to stay and fight once my family and animals were all out safe!

17. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

wheatbeltanimalrescue- I'm glad your sister & amimals a safe
    Prays for your BIL

Lee

18. wheatbeltanimalrescue

Thanks Lee - apparently there is quite a few local guys gone back in to help fight! If i find out this fire was deliberately lit - god help the little shit respnsible if i get my hands on them!

19. jlnew

jlnew Well-known Member

i used to live in lake clifton (was there for 10 yrs) and still have many friends there, hope they all stay safe. :(

20. rbk

rbk Active Member

have heard its delib lit.
    If anyone needs assistance, please say so........