Final Count.. Sc Hack Show..

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Lauren, Jun 14, 2009.

1. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

My horse and probabley a few others are clipped but so long as the horse is kept moving to stay warm or has a rug thrown over the saddle when standing around, I don't think there'll be much of a problem with them catching a chill. :)

2. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

LOL Lauren, I'm just gonna give Jing a sponge bath and some makeup, too damn cold to wash properly.

Hey Pinto, my girl has only been clipped a week aswell. Yeah It'll be cold but if you keep her moving and rugged when she is standing she'll be fine.

No different from being out in the elements in the paddock or standing around in a stable.

3. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

You seen Ashys coat :) He will still be going even if it only for a couple of classes. I'm not plaiting or anything tho. We will go ala natural! :)

4. Mocha

Mocha Well-known Member

Note to self - dont lend out your show gear then try to track it down 2 days before a show. :mad:

5. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Yeah I feel your pain Mocha :(

What do you need? Do we have it (not yours, but sumthing u can borrow)?

6. Mocha

Mocha Well-known Member

It's ok I already went out a bought new stuff lol.
    wooooo im excited now!

7. BellaSkip

BellaSkip Well-known Member

might show up to watch, and maybe help if anyone needs help.

8. nag

nag Well-known Member

my daughter still going with toffee, might not wash due to cold wether but she wants me plait him still

9. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

Sooo whats everyone rekon the weathers going to do- were still tossing up whether to go or not??

10. BellaSkip

BellaSkip Well-known Member

apparently its going to be light showers, little to no wind

11. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

:)*

thanks for clearing that up mate. you have no idea how many minutes i agonised over that!

12. Mocha

Mocha Well-known Member

I don't know wether to wash him or not. its pretty cold and wet here.
    Maybe I'll give him a quick rinse then towel dry him as quickly as possible...

13. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

:/
    Thinking i'll just wash Bill with a warm cloth..
    Eeeek.. just realised my numnah is dirty :'(
    Wonder if i can get it clean and dry before tomorrow.

14. trippa

trippa Well-known Member

im not washing trippa today its too cold, he should be pretty clean he has had a rug on for ages.lol ill wash his legs in the morning and plait this arvo all good, all for fun!!

15. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

Well, I think I am the only one on the planet NOT going to this show! I've got ARC rally instead.

Have fun everyone and good luck. :))

16. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Loving this rain......not :mad:

We're washing and plaiting this afternoon. Thank goodness for the big shed :D

Hopefully we all don't get toooo wet tomorrow :D, but that's horses :}

17. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

BEB, make sure you bring the garland!!! Hope you can make it as we added these classes because so many people wanted them.

No worries Blitz :)

18. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Im not going Lin (with a horse) lol....so that makes two of us...your not alone :p;)

19. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Bah ! My horse is going to hate me when I throw her under the hose.
    The rain is a pain in the butt (as much a we need it) but that wind chill is what I hate. Brrrrrrrrrrr.
    Fingers crossed the weather improves by tomorrow morning *#)

20. Mocha

Mocha Well-known Member

Wow I really cannot plait, they look horrid! Might take them out in the morning... Its hard turning a moehawk into plaits haha.