Fibressential

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by Hygain, Jun 19, 2013.

1. madison

madison Well-known Member

$27.50 at my stockfeeds

2. Freestyle

Freestyle Well-known Member

It's $25 at mine. I got some yesterday to give it a try. My picky eater turned her nose up at it, but I'll keep trying...

3. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

My TB has decided it is edible if mixed with copra.. didn't like it soaked but likes it dry.

4. Freestyle

I tried it dry as she doesn't like wet feed. I will try a smaller amount and see how i go.

5. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

My weanling pony (who eats anything and everything) won't eat it wet, but loves it dry.

Weird!

6. MSF

MSF New Member

7. Gold Rush

Gold Rush Well-known Member

My local stockfeeders were notified that I had won a free bag & they have very kindly been trying to source my free bag for about 4 weeks now, but on checking with them again today, still no luck & I am still waiting.

Is this because I live in Kalgoorlie, I have been reading where other people have collected their bags.

My horse has dental problems and I would like to try feeding him Fibressential to see how he handles it.

Hopefully my free bag will arrive soon.**)

8. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Got my free bag yesterday and also got the buy one get second at half price deal as well. The ponies love it. I offered them a small handfull to try first and they nearly took my hand off lol. Cleaned up the dinner also , so will gradually increase the quantities during the week.
    Happy ponies = happy owner. :D

9. Freestyle

Mine are all eating it now :) i like that the quality is going to be consistent, rather thanhit and miss like lucerne, that can be dusty from time to time. costwise, its proving to be more economical than lucerne. i will keep feeding it :)*

10. luffy

luffy Active Member

Does anyone know what it's sugar/starch % is?
    I was feeding maxisoy which is very low GI but it is becoming too hard to get :(

11. Hygain

Hygain New Member

I must say that it has been an education reading all the posts. It has been excellent feedback as it is important to get both positive and negative views. One thing for certain - I still cant say whether horses will like it or not as Im sure you all agree that the feedback is wildly different. Same thing happened with my trainer though. Half the horses ate it and left their chaff - the other half did the opposite.

As regards the sugar/starch content you are looking at an overall NSC of around 13% with sugar content fairly similar to beet pulp products (around 4-5%)

Thanks again for all the feedback which I am pleased to say has been done in both an honest and respectful manner. As stated it is important for us to get this sort of info.:))

12. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

... My dog loves it.
    :cool:

13. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Funny you should say that as when i give the ponies a handful for a treat, i say to them " You love your dog bickies" :D

14. pso

pso Gold Member

My dog loves it if stealing from the horses...turned her nose up when I put a scoop in her bowl tho!

Well- first 2 bags of fibressential went well...all were loving it...open the 3rd bag and now only have 1 who will eat it :( ...ah well- it was a nice idea!

15. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

I hope my two keep loving it as i bought 4 bags to fill up my feed drum. Lol:D

16. snoopydoo

snoopydoo Well-known Member

After the first day my girl is eating her now. I still feed a little chaff too but added the fibressential to see if she would keep a bit of weight on without the fizz. She is the type that looses weight visibly over the duration of a competition and doesn't always eat everything when she is away from home. Hopefully the fibressential will help this - though it remains untested.... but I am pleased with the results so far.

17. Roodog

Roodog Active Member

Fibre Essential

Well I've starting giving my old boy Fibre Essential as he can't eat hay.. Well!!! My biggest complaint is that my old horse does not stop yelling at me from the minute I go towards feed shed until he is served with his dinner...:lol: It's like he is addicted to it, follows me everywhere until he is fed...then there is peace again..**)

18. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

Hello RD!:D Is your toothless oldie Ollie or Storm?? **)

19. Roodog

Roodog Active Member

Storm.. :) Ollie still has his teeth and is always demanding at feed time.. Storm is going through an obnoxious old man phase and now he gets his fibressential the whole neighbourhood knows it's dinner time..:rolleyes:

20. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Just added this to one of my horse's diet, half way through the bag and no issues. Will be interesting to see how he goes on it.