Fibressential

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by Hygain, Jun 19, 2013.

1. pso

pso Gold Member

Is detailed nutritional info available on this product?? :)

2. Hot to Trot

Hot to Trot New Member

Thank you. I picked up mine yesterday :)

3. Sugar's Mum

Sugar's Mum Gold Member

The horse I feed it to is finishing up all his dinner and licking the bucket clean :) However I have noticed a change in his coat colour since using it. Could be co incidence but being a black/brown horse I do notice his colour changes depending on feed. When I added sunflower seends to his dinner he showed up more black. Now he is still getting the sunflower seeds but he is turning more brown/red/ Anyone else had a change of coat colour?

By the way the change of coat colour doesn't bother me at all. We had a really lovely ride this am and that is what is important to me.

4. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

My bag was meant to be going to Gidge Rural, is that on your list?

Thanks

5. sprintman

sprintman Active Member

Our local supplier rx'd a pallet yesterday and it's 2 for 1 to anybody until it's gone. Picked up 4 for $47.60.

6. pso

pso Gold Member

Its only 2 for one in the east sprintman?- we don't get offers like that over here! (nor your great prices!)

7. madison

madison Well-known Member

My stockfeeder said I could get 2 for 1 but they are $27.50 a bag normal price, I'll be staying with chaff

8. gladebrook

gladebrook New Member

Just picked up two bags (buy one get second bag 1/2 price) so here's hoping my two like it :) although they are the two unfussiest tb iv ever met so I don't see a problem haha

9. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

10. Dark Embrace

Dark Embrace Active Member

Unfortunatly its very hard for suppliers in WA to offer the same specials that get offered over east due to freight costs to get the feed here...

11. snoopydoo

snoopydoo Well-known Member

I picked up my free bag yesterday. I'm happy to give this feed a try, unfortunately my gilrl did not think much of it last night. Will keep trying as I like the sound of it.

12. sprintman

sprintman Active Member

Everything in WA is scary expensive I noticed on several trips there, particularly automobiles.

13. info on archie

info on archie Well-known Member

Picking up my free bag tomorrow...:) excited to try this feed! Happy it can be turned into a mash too. Thanks Hygain **)

14. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I got my bag yesterday :D Will try it once I get home from Melbourne :)

15. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Does anyone know the rough price to purchase a bag of the Fibressential? My 2 are loving it, and I'd like to consider making it permanent part of their feed..

16. RVP Horses

RVP Horses Well-known Member

Aaaaagh my piggy fat pony that will eat anything and more just turned her nose up at my free bag of Fibre Essentials plus. She kept going back to it figuring it was in a feed bucket it should be edible but kept turning her nose up at it (literally) and in the end gave up trying. I never thought I'd see the day this horse refused feed. Unbelievable!!!!!! *#) Will keep trying I guess. If she won't eat it I can't see anyone else giving it a go but I've got enough to try it on someone must like it. :unsure:

Cheeki I think it was around $27.50 a bag at my stock feeders but not 100% sure.

17. gladebrook

gladebrook New Member

$28.50 in Bunbury, so probably slightly cheaper in Perth :)

18. sprintman

sprintman Active Member

Is that price a typo??

19. pso

pso Gold Member

not likely
    it was $33.50 at my store (in perth)

20. gladebrook

gladebrook New Member

Nope, no typo. But a bag if chaff down here from one place is $27 so I'm happy with $28.50 - no sneezing :)