Favourite Helmets...

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by horseygal44, Dec 5, 2007.

1. horseygal44

horseygal44 Well-known Member

What's everyone's favourite helmet?

I got a new one but stupid me can't remember what it is!

Tell me about your favourite helmet & why...

2. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Hi Horseygal, I recently bought a Dublin silverline but the one that is fully flocked. Its really comfortable, actually the most comfortable helmet I've had in a long time,

3. Jumping Bean

Jumping Bean Well-known Member

I love Dublin Onyx, very lightweight, and performs well when you need it to! :D Also love the Silverline, I will bust out and get one one day.

4. horseygal44

Simbin - Is that the one with the thing on the front? Like the Onyx or whatever it's called? They're definitely getting more comfy.

I had to get a new one because I got my old one when I started riding (wow that really proves how much of a novice i am!!!) but I was smaller then and I grew into it crooked! I told mum about it and she reckoned it was time for me to get a new helmet. Yay!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  5. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Yes it had the silver bit at the front or the original ones do but I didnt like that but they recently bought one out that has the silver bit in flock so it blends in. The onxy is a different style altogether.

6. horseygal44

Okay then. I'll keep my eyes open to the silverline then. Then I'll know. :) btw I got my first black helmet! My old one was white (I mean, yellow...)

7. El_equine

El_equine Well-known Member

I have a white Aussie Outback, it is so lite Since I wear that one I have not got a headache, my old (but new) helmet was an Aussie Rider Schooling helmet and I found it heavy & everytime I rode I would end up with a massive headache & always felt like it was so heavy!

8. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

i've had two dublin silverlines now. great helmets. super comfy & i totally feel protected.

The Dublin Range

with both of mine tho the bit at the front is black & not silver... is that still a silverline?

9. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

i have a $70 well i thinks its around that much. its black velvet covered dublin helmat but looks kinda like an aussie rider one that my friend has. its the only one that fits me and doesnt give me a headache. i think i have an odd shaped head or something

10. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

my FAVE helmet is the Jodz delux velvet one but i only use that for shows. At home i have a dublin silverline too and its very comfy but not as nice as the jodz

11. horseygal44

I think mine is the Jodz deluxe velvet...Does it have a little mini vent thing on the front? I think mine does...

12. horseygal44

I've heard only good things about the Onyx..... :D

13. cocomist

cocomist New Member

Love the ONYX. Bought one for my daughter when she needed a new one and will buying one for myself soon. Very comfy and light weight.:)

14. Happy Gambler

Happy Gambler Well-known Member

Ditto Just Rosie, love my Charles Owens, have velvets and a jocket skull from them. Yep, mail order from the UK is cheapest **)

15. Liberte Doo Dah

Liberte Doo Dah Active Member

Yep Heifer i'm with you " I love my Jodz", neally identical to the Charles Owen, but ALOT cheaper!!!!

16. Satorii Lodge

Satorii Lodge Well-known Member

well madam spoiltness is getting a gpa for xmas ...she already knows so im not worried about her reading it on here

17. lil bec

lil bec Well-known Member

i have a dublin hi-light i think any way lol it is so comfortable lol

18. Omi

Omi New Member

I like my onyx, ive had it for ages its light weight and comfy :)

19. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Love my jodz delux velvet also, sooo comfy the padding is awesome and its an attractive helmet also, looks like the charles owen but about $150 cheaper lol.

20. Evered

Evered Well-known Member

Another Charles Owen fan here! I have a CO velvet, love it to bits.
    I also have a Aussie Rider helmet which I like because it is so light and does not look huge on my head. I am only small so wearing any Dublin helmets does not work!
    Currently waiting for a new CO to arrive from England :)*