Farrier Wanted Swan Valley Area

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by kathera, Jun 11, 2010.

1. kathera

kathera Active Member

Hiya Stockies

Ok unfortunately last time our farrier was out, he was asked to leave due to his angry, ruff handling and abusive methods!!

Unfortunately only my horse was done though and my friends missed out prior to his departure!

Does anyone have any farriers they can PM me numbers for, for Swan Valley (Millendon)

I had used the same guy for years with different horses, but seems he has not patience for younger horses..:mad:

These horses arnt naughty - they are
    1 - young and fidgety and the other - weve had him a week, but his only bad behaviour was he reaches his leg forward and not up and back (front) NO rearing, or kicking etc.

sheesh!!

2. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Do you need shoes or just trims?

Are you reguarly picking up their feet to help train a better behaviour?

3. kathera

kathera Active Member

shoes ideally, but he desperately needs a trim

Yes, absolutely - he is getting heaps of training on this, different people, male and female. the horse was only picked up 3 days before farrier around so didnt really have a chance prior, but his feet really need doing now! look like about 8 or 9 weeks since shoes last off / trimmed.

4. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

Sent you a PM **)

5. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

Sent you a PM too :))

6. kathera

kathera Active Member

thanks for the PM's - left messages with them all!! much appreciated :)

7. Nightsky

Nightsky Guest

goshhhh how does this happen.....#(my little magget constantly misbehaved in her younger days and both farriers I've had were excellent .... keep hearing stories like this, thats terrifying !!! hope you find a nice one this time.

8. kathera

kathera Active Member

Yep heard of it but never had to deal with it!

I can understand a farrier wanting to preserve their health ie less back strain on perfectly behaved horses, they are in high demand so can pick and choose..

gives you the s..t's though when you have to find a new one and horse meanwhile is falling over his feet!

also, you would think they could have more patience and want to help a horse, not just get pissed off and make the situation worse by scaring everyone involved!

ah well rant rant... wish i was in a job where could throw away clients cause a horse is a bit difficult, even when been a client for several years...

9. goog

goog Well-known Member

If anyone could PM me some numbers that would be great sorry to hi jack the thread. My farrier is a little unreliable lately has missed the last three appointments I've made and I book six weeks ahead and usually give him a bit extra or a few beers for his efforts as i only have the one to trim but I can't seem to entice him to be reliable.

10. kathera

kathera Active Member

Pm me your email goog I will send you the ones I've been given

11. Kyliek

Kyliek New Member

I know a brilliant
    farrier.. Please let me know and I'll be very happy