farrier in perth hills?

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by simoneHughes, Feb 19, 2008.

1. simoneHughes

simoneHughes New Member

It sounds like Nathan has retired, so that being the case, does anyone know of a good farrier at work in the Perth hills?
    Thanks, Simone.

2. croft

croft Well-known Member

Where in the hills are you?:)

3. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

If you find someone, could you please PM me aswell? I need a farrier that'll travel to either Herne Hill or Wooroloo (seeing as she'll need a trim while she's on holiday) :) Thanks!

4. simoneHughes

simoneHughes New Member

Sorry, I should be more specific - I'm in Parkerville

5. moondust_memories

moondust_memories New Member

I am desperately searching for one up this way too (just moved to Gidgegannup). I have got a new horse coming on the weekend who needs urgent farrier attention (he's thrown 3 shoes, has risen clenches and needs a trim ASAP). I have found a few on a google search but I would really love a recommendation of a kind farrier who really knows his stuff, so let me know if you find one.

Anywho, here is a few I found on the net, if anyone if interested:

* Warren Farrier Service
    PO BOX 164, Chidlow, W.A, 6556
    M: 0418 951 248

* Sean Hodgkin (barefoot trimming)
    91 Stock Rd, Herne Hill
    Ph: 9296 2998
    E: sean@thenakedhoof.com.au

* Phil Smailes (Corrective shoeing and trimming)
    Ph: 0407 380 376
    <-- I'm going to go with this guy for now because he is recommended on the Second Chance Horse Rescue site so he should be able to help my new baby out ... heres hoping he will come out this way.

6. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Thanks moondut memories :)

I've seen Warrens work before - but I might try the last one, or Sean, as my girls only barefoot. Can't thankyou enough !

7. Little Bean

Little Bean Well-known Member

At last check Warren was not shoeing ATM and if you can get Phil to come to Gidge you can move mountains!!! :p

He's very good but doubt he'll travel that far :D

Good luck if you get really stuck PM me.

:))

8. moondust_memories

moondust_memories New Member

haha, the usual story #(

I have one other farrier's number who is in Gidge, but I'm not sure if he is accredited ... I'll give him a try. But if that fails, I might have to PM u, I really need a farrier ASAP.

9. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

I have my guy coming out soon .. dunno if he does shoes? You could give him a ring .. PM if you get stuck :)

10. finding_nemo

finding_nemo Active Member

Alex Mcleod and Phil Campbell do Parky, Gidgy, and surround. Both are with Farriers Association and very very good. Wouldnt recommend anyone else

11. Kyliek

Kyliek New Member

I know a very good farrier.. If u need one, let me know.. Cheers