Family lawyers?

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Cody, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Crafty

Crafty Well-known Member

This thread was looking for a family lawyer not an all out stockies brawl over peoples opinions.

This is exactly why I havnt been on much lately one questions turns into the biggest crap heap with people being mean to each other and jamming crap down peoples throats that they didnt ask for to start with!

What happened to Stockyard being that wonderfull place I found so supportive when Song died????

Did you stop to think that there is another human being at the other end of the screen who may already be upset and doesnt want to be attacked just wants some simple help to a question that they may not know how to find!

I am so very very dissapointed :(

2. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Crafty i am by No Means being cruel to anyone
    I have just gave my opinion on what i wouldnt do being a single parent
    I Wouldnt give my child up Thats not being nasty to someone
    We just have different ways of thinking

3. Crafty

Crafty Well-known Member

Thats fine Paula I appreciate your situation and your a top sheila but the OP wasnt asking for peoples opnions she was asking for contact details of a good lawyer.

You would have been upset if you posted looking for a lawyer and someone told you to just hand the kids over revers the roles mate thats all im saying sometimes our opnions are just not wanted and cause more upset.

Hugs and I hope your situation is improving

and its not only this thread doing my head in!

4. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Well if i have upset Cody i am very sorry
    But she also has to realize not everyone reads these threads the same
    So again Sorry no harm meant Cody

5. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

I think some people are missin the point - the child is HAPPIER with the father... So therefore just because it's her mum doesnt mean it's right.

6. Cav

Cav Gold Member

1. The Family Court can stop parents relocating and if they relocate when orders are in place and do not return the child/take them for spend time visits, the court and police can deal with this.

2. There is no such thing as "full custody" of a child anymore unless where the courts deem the best interests of the child to make one parent primary caregiver OR if the child is deemed to be at risk of or has been abused. Even criminal parents, ones who are druggies, deemed irresponsible by the court etc still see their children because they have a right to although for those parents time with children is usually supervised.

As for "the child is happier" with the father. Says who? Says the father? They will probably need the court to appoint an independent single expert who will assess the child with both families and write a report for the court. If the child is old enough to speak for themselves, the expert will also talk to the child. Its not a case of "child is happier with someone so we will give the kid to them"....it doesnt work that way.

Either way, both parents will still have to attend mediation to try to resolve the issues first regardless of what court action they wish to proceed with. Its mandatory, you cannot get out of it unless they deem it innappropriate such as if there is domestic violence involved. and if you are going to court and cant get legal aid, and the other party fights you all the way for "their" rights for the child to live with them, well youll probably be looking at spending about no less than 50K by the end of it.

And remember people reading and answering to this thread.....we have only been exposed to one side of the story ;)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  7. Diana

Diana Gold Member

Well I know of a "step-mum" who is by far a better mother than the real "mother" of the child in question...
    The real mother has 3 children to 3 different men and spends all her money from the dole on drugs. The child in question is the oldest out of the three and was looking after her younger sisters (youngest of which was an infant).

They STILL had to go through mediation because, I guess, the courts favour the 'real' mother.

So really, no matter how good the father (and possibly step-mother) is, and no matter how awful the mother is, they tend to favour the mother.

They had the news on one night and this girl's mum was shown on surveillance cameras shoplifting. The girl looks up and says "Oh look, there's my mum!" :eek: :eek:

Quite sad... :eek:

8. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Actually Diana, you are very wrong.

Mediation is MANDATORY for both parties to attend prior to proceeding in court.

The Family Court does NOT "favour" either parent. There are laws set in place and the paramount consideration for the Family Court is to make their decisions based on "what is in the best interests of the child(ren)".

9. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Also as children grow up theY do tend to play games with there parents so play each other off
    This will be a long and probably costly battle
    My EX is a fantastic Father to my children but i Still wouldnt let him have FULL custody of them

10. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Its not up to the parents who gets "custody".....its the courts decision who the children live with...if you get to court. :}

11. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Highlighted that comment!!
    Yes & it seems some just can't read LOL! #(

Best of luck Cody, i hope all goes well your your partner, the child in question & yourself. :)

12. Cav

Cav Gold Member

There is no harm pointing out the obvious to them remaani which is a pretty obvious option (try mediation first) which they will have to do anyway and will probably save them thousands of dollars.....it seems some people just like to learn the hard way. :} May I add that in "most" cases in mediation and the family court, "step parents" are invisible. They generally have no say, it is between the biological parents.

13. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Yes but i'm more thinking the first few posts.. not the ACTUAL helpful info. ;)

14. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Rightio, gotcha, thought you meant the "helpful" posts too ;) Ahh there is me again taking things out of context, too tired for here, garlands to finish for mini show next weekend so better doing that than getting myself into trouble on here hahaha :)*:)):p

15. Remaani

Remaani Guest

No, it's all cool, i should of explained in my original post better. :)

Ahhh the Mini Extravaganza... awesome! :))

16. Coda Cowgirl

Coda Cowgirl Well-known Member

Ok good family lawyers

Bowen Buchbinder and Vilensky
    DCH Legal
    Dimond Family Lawyers

17. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Obviously i cant ;)
    But can appolagize when im wrong

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  18. Charles C. Ferguson

Charles C. Ferguson New Member

Well going to mediation center isn't the perfect solution.Hire a family lawyer for you which can help you in getting the custody but i think the rate is about 50-50. If both parents get the custody , this will helpful for the children to get the care , love from both parents.

19. GoGo

GoGo Well-known Member

Late to the party but my 2 cents worth. My girlfriends kids are happier with their father too when he has them, he springs for all sorts of fun things, leaves the hard yards to Mum.

20. David Pire

David Pire New Member

No family court or lawyer will stop any parents to meet , visit or hangout with their children. According to the law they must take their child for spending time with their child.