Exercise sheets

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Maree4, May 25, 2009.

1. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Now that Winnie is clipped i am looking at getting an exercise sheet for when i work him. Does anyone else use one in the winter. I feel so mean pulling off the layers of rugs, and no coat to keep him protected from the cold LOL.
    I would like to hear some testimonies about them please**)
    Approx how much are they.

2. pso

pso Gold Member

I have a woollen one...will replace it with thermatex as soon as I can afford it...:p
    If you get the ones with the saddle bit cut out...its easy to whip them off once you warm up (and if its really cold, you can have them over your legs too ;))

3. Salinero

Salinero Well-known Member

Agree... like that style best. I love mine and use it when it is really cold or raining as it is water proof. **)

4. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Thanks PSO,Do they come in sizes the same as the rug your horse wears ie; if he is in a 5'9 rug would i get an exercise sheet in the same size.
    Just saw your post Salinero, a water proof one would also be a good idea, if they aren't too expensive might get one of each, a woolen and a water proof one.

5. Salinero

Not sure how much they are over here.. (bought mine OS). Think some of the advertisers on here sell them and have seen Weatherbeeta has got one that I think was waterproof too.

6. Salinero

Oh, and I think mine came in choice of Full, Cob or Pony. Got a full for my 15'1 TB. Fits great.

7. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Winnie is 15.1, but he is quite short backed (an arab). He would be a cob i would think.;)

8. pso

pso Gold Member

Yep- they usually put the sizes the same on them...but you can always ask to be sure;)

I think my woollen one was $80 about 10 years ago
    Thermatex were $100 on special earlier in the year...missed out on that bargain! :(...they also do a waterproof one...

9. painter

painter Well-known Member

I'm just looking at these and have decided to make a polar fleece one with matching bandages (I have the fleece already which matches my navaho saddle blanket).

If you like unique colours/custom made, have a look at fleabay under "custom made quarter sheets", you can have them custom made in a huge variety of colours and embroidery on the side.

10. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

PSO can you tell me a little about the thermatex, i have heard of it but not sure exactly what it is or does...:)

11. pso

pso Gold Member

12. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

I have a waterproof one that I got from Equestrienne, it is lovely, has a fleece lining, and has the saddle cut out, so that it can be removed really easily. It wasn't overly expensive from memory either.

13. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

I bought a polar fleece one from Magic **) i haven't used it yet but will once my wooly mammoth gets clipped. Has the cut out of the saddle for easy removal.

14. himitsu

himitsu Well-known Member

i have a woolen one (check out sunset rugs) and a waterproof one. I ride very early in the morning and it is FREEZING where i am! I love my quarter sheets :)

15. Happy Gambler

Happy Gambler Well-known Member

I have a woollen one too as I ride late at this time of year - essential!
    Also have a weatherbeeta waterproof one for rainy days and a reflective one for rides out at night :}

16. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

There are so many different types. I guess i need to narrow down when i would use it as to what sort i get. I ride out alot, am riding early (9am) when it is very windy and cold, i don't ride in the rain alot at all...so i am thinking a warm reflective one will be the go....woollen wouldn't be too thick would it, cant really remove it half way around on a trail ride.;) Polar fleece sounds better.
    I didn't know magic made them. Off to have a look :D

17. madcow

madcow Guest

You don't want them too light so they flap around. Wool is good as it has a bit of weight and breathes a bit unlike polarfleece.

Where did people get their Weatherbeta ones from?

18. himitsu

MC - horseland sell them?? they were in the latest cataloge!

19. madcow

madcow Guest

Really? How did I miss that?:confused: I'm loosing my touch:(

20. himitsu

i do have a slight quartersheet fettish.... lol