EWA Newcomers and Winter Gala

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by lucas and brad, Jun 12, 2010.

1. daisy1

daisy1 New Member

I only know the small pony hunter results:

Ring 1 judge: Joh Bailey

champion small show hunter:
    Chloe Moon : woranora Nina

reserve champion small show hunter:
    Amber Sharman : Jandamarra Jamero

Ring 2 judge : Simon De Leeuw

champion small show hunter:
    Jesse Bartlett : little larrikin

reserve champion small show hunter:
    Chloe vince : wendamar blush

Champion junior rider
    Jayde Litster

reserve junior rider
    sienna bergensen

2. katelol

katelol Guest

Come on everyone - we want the real goss! What was Joh Bailey like? Did he turn up in a chauffeur driven limo? Was he covered in fake tan? Is he a total princess or was he down to earth and nice?:p:p

3. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

lol - Joh was a great bloke, super funny and down to earth. :)
    A few pics from the day. I have about 2,500 images from over the two days! Ekkkk

Mirawee & Diva
    [​IMG]

Pickles?
    [​IMG]

Sooo cute
    [​IMG]

Newcomer Hunter Hack
    [​IMG]
    Sorry all - thats the best I can do for now :)

4. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Brilliant photos Smiley :)* Love the one of Diva, thank you! And yes, it is Pickles in the 2nd one.

I had an interesting day :p

Started off not being able to find my horse! She and the yearlings decided to have an adventure and break out of their paddock and it took us 20 minutes to be able to find them and convince them to go back to where they should be! Which of course meant I was running 20 minutes late. Rocked up and the stables weren't unlocked :( And of course we couldn't get hold of the stable co-ordinator! Did end up getting access to the stable (although for the second time my stable had to be opened with bolt cutters!) Of course by that time it was 8am (judging started at 8.30!) so needless to say Diva never actually got to step foot in the stable! And I will be very annoyed if they charge us the cleaning fee since it was dirty when we got it and since I didn't use it I couldn't be bothered cleaning it out. First judge of the day didn't like Diva at all, in fact turned away each time she came near :p But it was good warmup so that is fine.

She then got to eat some grass while we waited for Newcomers to start. In the process of which she broke her leather halter after getting upset because Lin brought Saxon to visit and Diva didn't appreciate him leaving! Oh and Lin is my witness that Diva was no where near as hairy on Monday as she was today!

She was a good girl for the Newcomers though, albeit a tad forward thinking :D And we ended up with 2nd Runner Up Newcomer Show Hunter Galloway (basically 3rd out of 5 LOL)

We then called it quits for the afternoon classes and Diva got to eat some more grass while we spent more money than we should have at the Evolution Equestrian trade stand :D

Thank you to all the sponsor and to Show Horse Promotions for putting on a great show :)*

5. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Well I am on cloud nine because Joh Bailey commented on how great he thought my plaits were! :)**)

6. Placido

Placido Well-known Member

We had a good day today, we had a newcomer show hunter large pony :)
    We did open in ring 1 in the morning and got a 1st and a 2nd, so pretty happy with that considering its only his 4th show and hes only 3.
    Then we did his newcomer event and got runner up newcomer show hunter large pony :)
    We are so happy with how he worked for this event, couldn't really of asked him to do any better as it was a big day for the lil man!

Well done to everyone who went this weekend, there was some stunning horses and ponies there :)

7. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

I penciled today for both judges at various times and they were good to work with and lots of fun :) .

Mirawee - Didn't see Diva work in her first classes but she looked lovely in the newcomers **) . Nice to see a proper gallop too ;) .

Some stunning horses and ponies there today and what a lovely day for it! Well done all :)))

8. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

Awesome Cav, your plaits are always beautiful**)

9. megz86

megz86 Well-known Member

Congrats on some great results, lovely pics too:))

Did anyone happen to get any pics of the champion small show hunter from ring 2, Little Larrikin?

10. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

thanks Mirawee! I have heaps more of her ;)
    megz, I do have pics, but at work atm

11. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

well c.p warmed up and worked beautifully for the morning- we got second in our height- then tried to be a smarty pants and dodge the comepetition and went in lightweight HA yeah- learnt from that mistake didnt we :) *#)

oh well- then was to busy watching newcommers to get my crap together and went into the arvo classes with no warmup still trying to put my gloves and jacket on while i went round the ring :) hahaha got second- but c.p wasnt impressed and went into our weight class and while we did a nice extention and a great hunter gallop- we didnt come back as fast as we normally can- and got a third :)
    just a shame they did all the arvo classes on the ring... but oh well

was a great day and great weather- was a well run show :) will be there again next year!
    i love how these shows have the commentators caravan :)

12. hot pants

hot pants New Member

results from sat arvo pony ring, under Joh Bailey
    champ small pony Beckworth Royal Music, owned and ridden(superbly) by orleans graetz.
    Reserve champion Silkwood Ribbons ,graetz family ridden, by Elizabeth Laycock
    Thks to show horse promotions :))

13. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

EC, weighting in hunters is very interesting lol. Particularly whe the horses in the lightweight class were heavier than the med/heavyweights overall! Personally I like compulsory weight classifications lol.

14. Excelsior Centerpiece

ha yeah we are a true middleweight, but my last minute decsion/trick backfired as always- ha oh well- just wont do it again. just shows the judge knew what he was doing and penalised us for it ;)

i think making it compulsory to join up with the hunter association is a good move- get an official hunter grading maybe? get marked on type and movement might be good for the sport in general- stop the fat hacks who dont do well in the open hacking from doing hunter... haha ;)

15. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

Tell me about it! The was abit miffed by some of the Hunter entries, a few looked like they should have been in the show section to me!

16. Anyone know the open hunter results?

17. Spellbound

Spellbound New Member

Im stuck in the middle when it comes to Open and Hunter classes my boy moves more like an Open Show Horse but looks more like a Hunter. He has way to much white for Open too.

18. Excelsior Centerpiece

yeah levi is a boarderline one- you go hacking and they say hes a hunter- you go hunter and they say hes a hack :(

in your masters pic from last year id say def hunter, but he looks lighter in weight now?

19. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

Yeah, that would be hard Spellbound! (were you there yesterday?) I think there were a few that are prob borderline and it would maybe make more sense to go in Hunter when you think about it. ;)
    EC - were you in Galloway yesterday? You should have said hello :)

20. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

"way too much white for Open" I find it sad that colour would come into it at all#(