EWA memberships

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by montygirl, Jun 8, 2010.

1. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Actually I am also wondering if anyone who did join has received their membership card?

Or will they be sent out at the same time as Collection? :}*#)

2. Bubbles

Bubbles Well-known Member

I have got my membership card, but no collections magazine.

3. spidey's kid

spidey's kid Active Member

I'm joining Equestrian Victoria :)

4. sunline

sunline Well-known Member

I renewed online, and got my card and Collections about 2 days later in the mail - very prompt

5. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Does that cover you for insurance and competitions here?

6. pso

pso Gold Member

In case anyone is interested...
    a 3 month membership is now being offered for $180 *#)

(am wondering if that means it will be $540 for the whole year next year :eek:)

7. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Did ya really wangle that PSO?

lol legend....

8. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

OMG!!! really!#(

9. pso

pso Gold Member

actually- der- if 1/4 year is $180...that would make a whole year $720...excuse my bad math...*#):)))

10. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

Yeah, let's start the mass indignation based on an idle comment. Come on, we haven't had a good EWA bashing for at least a couple of months. I mean, why wait until December when the actual yearly fee structure comes out?

:}

PS. Not letting you in charge of EWA finances, PSO. You'd be undercharging with that maths. :D (drat, you noticed!)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  11. pso

pso Gold Member

LOL- the first maths was scary enough!!:p

12. spidey's kid

Sorry, didn't see that way back when lol, yes it does :D Because it's still under EA, just the Victorian branch, because I have a Victorian address that I can use.

13. Sallie

Sallie Well-known Member

I was thinking of doing the same before I come back home so much cheaper

14. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

I wonder tho, if push came to shove and you needed to claim, and they found you lived here, despite your address, would that affect things?
    We just know how much they love to get out of thier obligations!

15. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

I did wonder how PSO got that figure....rofl...PSO you suck at maths babe :D
    oh that felt good! hehe

16. pso

pso Gold Member

but- being a member of EV means that you still have to pay GSF/ non member hire rates- as these are only reduced for EWA members ;)

scary thing is- am spending day doing bookwork- profits look good :D

17. spidey's kid

Lol Sallie, yes very much cheaper..
    I wont be doing that many EA events because I'm still under PC so will do their events because they're already much cheaper, so I can't justify it.

NG, hmmm.. I was wondering the same thing, but I may not even join, and if I did it'd be a case of fingers crossed because of the above and I don't have the funds to pay for a more than $700 a year membership and I don't want to burden my parents who already pay for the horse and nearly all of what it entails..

PSO - I agree that would be nice but I don't use it all that much so.. ';' I really only want a membership to do say, half a dozen, EA run (eventing) Events over the year

18. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

It's not just a matter of flashing a membership card under the event secretary's nose on comp day and hoping for the best. When people enter EWA run ODE/eventing comps, for example, all competitor memberships are checked and verified as current by the EWA office before the comp starts. Someone who competes for a year in WA competitions that scans up as a Victorian membership may well eventually be invited to "ploise explain" and asked to renew as a WA member the following year.

19. Paddys girl

Paddys girl Well-known Member

*sigh* my best friend just rang and told me she has just renewed and had no idea that was until only December. :( Still catching people out unawares - its not the new fees that are getting me its the lack of communication to members about it. Email correspondence - especially AFTER the fact, is not good enough in my book.

20. katers93

katers93 Well-known Member

Just a question, don't know if it applies to other disciplines, but for eventing a lot of the EA events are combined so PCAWA members can compete in them too. If they jack up the prices isn't this extremely unfair to EA members if they miss out on an event because it fills up with PCAWA members?
    I will be patiently waiting to see 2011 prices :( I'm with Brookleigh fans :D Love going there and it is extremely well run... I never even use the SEC either :(