EWA memberships

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by montygirl, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Eventer4Ever

Eventer4Ever Well-known Member

Hey guys... I have a question coz I'm really really confused hahahah

So what are us EWA members actually going to get out of it?
    I know we don't have to pay ground fees at the SEC anymore but is that it?
    Are they lowering the cost of using the Indoor arena or lowering the stable fees or anything?

2. pso

pso Gold Member

E4E- The arena hire rates are slightly reduced (unfortunately not as much as the memberships were slightly increased*#) )
    And you get free camping..
    Stable fees are the same as they were, but now cost more for non members

3. Eventer4Ever

Eventer4Ever Well-known Member

Ah. Well... Mmmm... what-a-load-a-****
    -.-

The thing that always costs us a packet is the damn stables and arena use.

4. rimes

rimes Well-known Member

5. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

@) hey rimes ...their is a link to the SHC insurance a page back..or it is on their website:)*

6. rimes

rimes Well-known Member

Thanks goodie, I checked out the link and it does not mention riding lessons???
    It does mention 24/7 Personal Accident Cover for all horse related activities on the new member registration form, so I think I will contact the Secretary/ Registrar tomorrow and have a chat. I think the SHC will be getting alot of interested people atm.

7. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

IF you have paid for your daughter to become a Member of EWA then she is covered for riding lessons (EWA Memebership gives you insurance cover for 'all horse related activities' which includes lessons, as part of the membership)

However... Sorry rimes... but what is the $100.00 per year (paid to EWA) that you are referring to? :confused:

(I got a baaaad feelin' 'bout this Willis!)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  8. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

hmmm....costs $25 to be a non-riding member of the Show Horse Council. Perfect! :)

9. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

Memberships are now due ( got mine in the mail last week ) so 1 July 2010 - 30 June 2011 one would assume.

10. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

SHC Membership runs from July 2010 until June 2011.
    If you take out a full riding membership you are covered 24/7 regardless of what you are doing with your horse.

I smashed my wrist when kicked by a mare and as a member I am fully covered for loss of wages as well as all out of pocket expenses.

The following is direct from the current WA President of the SHC.
    Hope this helps answer your questions.

The SHC active membership provides you with 24/7 personal accident cover and public liability cover. As a SHC member when you compete at a club show (or ride anywhere) you will be covered by this benefit of your membership. Of course there are also benefits of being a member of a club as well, such as reduced show entry fees.

11. Foxtrot

Foxtrot New Member

I was just pondering the future of Associate Dressage competitions. It would be a real shame if Clubs running Associate comps don't get the entries now, particularly if they are not able to offer day memberships either.

Has anyone had any feedback about Associate Dressage members renewing?

12. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

I renewed my Associate level membership ;)

13. lex

lex Well-known Member

perfect! my application is in the mail already :)*

14. Coda Cowgirl

Coda Cowgirl Well-known Member

arylin you seem full bottle on the SHC insurance.....did i read rightly that there is a $2500 excess for all claims?

15. JustJam

Excess

Just had a look at both SHC and EWA Insurances... SHC has a maximum General Liability amount of $10,000,000.00 and EWA has a General Liability amount of $20,000,000.00. No biggie really I guess ';'

However (and something I have never really bothered to look at) both Policies have an excess of $2,500.00 for each and every claim. Ouch! And I whinge cos I have a $300.00 excess on my car insurance! lol

Given that we are all basically over a barrel (if not Insured, then in a lot of cases can't ride at any events/shows, get lessons with Accredited Instructors etc) it really is a bit of a fuphy and a money spinner ';'

16. JustJam

lol Snap CC :D

17. Coda Cowgirl

Coda Cowgirl Well-known Member

it really is quite silly given that most horsey injurys only need a broken bone fixed or some physio/chiro and that is no where near $2500 worth and face it...if you come off in a big way chances are you will be rushed thru the ED of the nearest hospital and treated under medicare!

18. JustJam

Agreed CC! And, by the terms of both Insurance Policies you must claim on either Medicare or any other Insurance that you may already hold first!

All nut's really! *#) :} *#)

19. lex

lex Well-known Member

It is alot of excess to pay but the only reason I am getting it is just that so I can attend training days etc and I'd rather pay $100 for a year then $190 for 6 months

20. JustJam

Totally understand that, Lex :) :))

Lots of people in the same boat though... Just does my head in....

I understand the need for Insurance (and am an advocate for it! Get insurance pople! lol), however I object to the underhanded manner in which people are being extorted into purchasing 'club membership', under the guise of needing 'Insurance'... when in actual fact, the 'insurance', in a lot of circumstances, is of no value to them. ';'

*where's the asprin* :rolleyes: