EWA memberships

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by montygirl, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Hmm, seems the right hand has no idea what the left hand's doing.
    I rang them (the EWA) about it, and the were all confused.
    They told me that it appeared they hadn't updated the website yet but that they would look into it.
    Told me is was best to download a membership form, fill it out and post it in ';' :confused:

2. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

Just wondering how you went trying to get your membership back, Belinda... or did you WIN?? lol ;)

3. madcow

madcow Guest

And those few are mostly involved in other disaplines such as dressage competitors or coaches etc so HAD to join anyway

4. biscay

biscay Well-known Member

Well , after waiting a lifetime for a horse I could do dressage on, and only 3 months out from being broken in......... dressage we wont be doing :( Its so sad when sporting becomes so elitist. Wether I agree with the fees or not, want to purposely forfeit and not pay or not, sadly doesnt come into it..... I have NO CHOICE. I have a family and I stretch things out enough as it is to be able to keep the horse to start with. And for you guys that say, I have paid my membership now I am going to go out there and use it as much as I can, well I am jealous. I might scrape through to pay the membership but would then never be able to afford to go to any comps anyhow. Lose Lose situation. I also agree with the keep EA and SEC seperate. We dont all use the SEC. And sadly, the less rich and the country people are once again at a loss :(. I will join SHC and the local riding clubs around here and just do some local comps.

Thank god Wombat has been practising his new career anyhow. I think he prefer it to a dressage arena hehe.

[​IMG]

5. Belinda

Belinda Well-known Member

Hi Justjam, no didn't WIN my money back, so the polite but firm and mildly threatening email has been sent, with a deadline of Friday 5pm for a reply before I take it further! Will keep you posted.

Biscay, assuming I get my money back from EWA, I to will be joining SHC.

6. biscay

biscay Well-known Member

Yay Bel.. then I shall see you there :) I think it will be quite fun anyhow !

7. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Biscay your boy looks like he wants to do team penning ;)

Hopefully next years fees will be better for everyone.

8. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

Cripes! I hope you aren't holding your breath!!! rofl ;) *#)

Good luck! I'm sure many of us will be keen to see how you go! Will be amazed if you even get a response!:D :))

9. biscay

biscay Well-known Member

HeHe.. Yeah thanks Mirawee... actually all jokes aside, I must admit I had already considered team penning, campdrafting etc just as a training tool. Being warmblood and errrr food orientated and energy effecient I was worried about not having a forward horse so wanted to do a lot to start with ( as in varied a lot.. not quantity alot as he is young ).

However, I do hope by the time I am up and going properly the fee structure has certainly changed to allow it accessible to more than the weller to doers. ( oooh dont you love my english :) ).

10. pso

pso Gold Member

You'll have to move over east Bisc...cant see the fees reducing- I can forsee them increasing though :}

11. biscay

biscay Well-known Member

Thats okay Pso.. wanna share a house?? :D

12. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

not happy about the fees... but what can you do?? ill be re-joining anyway :(

off topic - but Wombat is beautiful :) i have a rising 3yo by R Winston too, they are so similar!!

13. Evered

Evered Well-known Member

I paid mine nearly 2 weeks ago to get it out of the way. I am waiting on my renewal/new card letter...better not hold my breath, might get it by January 2011 :D

14. rimes

rimes Well-known Member

I called my daughters riding instructor yesterday and told her about the huge increase in fees. She had paid them (as she runs a riding school and is an accredited instructor), but hadn't taken notice of the details :)

I will now be paying $140 for six months for my daughter (aged 10) to have a lesson a week:mad:. We are in the country and have no plans on using the SEC at any time in the next few years. Last year we paid $100 for the year. The people in the office today told the instructor that yes there has been a slight increase and they are not sure how much the fees will increase when they are due again in 6 months but they shouldn't be doubled???? ';' ';'

They said that they were behind in the paper work etc and have been inundated with calls etc concerning the fees. Hopefully if enough of us write and complain they will not increase the again.

I have been told that we can join a local horse club and our insurance will be $40 per year, but that only makes the instructors insurance viable. All her students must be insured???

Will joining the SHC cover my daughter 24/7???

15. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

16. pso

pso Gold Member

Rimes- double check with your instructer if she means students must be personal accident insured- or just covered by her liability insurance...
    You only need to be a member of an EA insured club to validate your instructors insurance (although many instructors have been told different by the EWA office- who doesnt seem to read its own rules)

PMSL at 'slight increase'!!!!!!!
    all memberships have risen 50-100%...hardly 'slight' *#)

But hell- nobody is forcing people to join...I dont understand all these people who say they 'dont have a choice' ?????';'

Heres to hoping that the increase in fees to prop up the SEC will mean that you will be able to have a drink in the bar in winter without getting wet from the leaking roof...That your horses wont fall down postholes in the warm up arena, and that your horse wont get a stonebruise on the superior surfaces offered...and that you will be able to use an unblocked toilet with working taps when you are done....:))

17. Toyz

Toyz Well-known Member

PSO i think the only reason people have no choice (well in my case) I do showjumping and you have to be a member of EFA (or what ever there called now) or pony club to compete... Im not sure what the cost are or if you are aloud to keep doing day membership or not?

Yeah they say they have done the surface up better but my horse has sliped and fallen over there twice now and after the first time he was worried to go back in there you could just feel him tensing up! #(

I dont understand that the ground indoors is bad enough YET they still hose it down what the hell???

18. Toyz

Toyz Well-known Member

I dont no what would happen if someones horse fell over and damaged its self bad? Can they be sued over it? sorry going of the subject abit

Lucky my old boy was ok and me because he did fall on me as we were going around a corner....:eek:

19. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

I really hope not pso......EWA have scared a few of us of this year...was hoping the fees would be more acceptable next year.

20. lex

lex Well-known Member