EWA memberships

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by montygirl, Jun 8, 2010.

1. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

Paid my membership. Don't have a choice if I want to compete at the comps I want to do. Not happy about it though. Will be doing every possible show/comp possible at the SEC to make up for it though.

2. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

Well, there are currently 13 judges for EA showhorse in WA....says a lot really!

3. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

Compared to around 50 on the SHC lists.
    :}

4. pso

pso Gold Member

27 Dressage judges (including probationary ones) :}

5. Foxtrot

Foxtrot New Member

I wonder if a few shows might be caught out. Or the judges very busy...

6. smash

smash Well-known Member

i wonder what is going to happen to the big shows (dressage champs and such) now that they dont have many members?
    normally they cancel shows if they dont have enough entrants.
    it would be very very upsetting to those that HAVE joined up, so they could compete in said shows, and they were cancelled due to lack of entries.

7. RPS

RPS Well-known Member

Really a laugh that the website is now up to date. For the past few years it has been on holiday with Noah !!

Wonder if they have fixed the link to email problems and correct information, that's never worked either.

8. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

Oh cripes, Belinda! :( So sorry to hear this (although I imagine we all expected it to happen #()

If it were me, I would be demanding my money back and approaching Dept of Fair Trading (or whatever the govt. is calling it now lol). Surely that comes under 'mis-leading' advertising - or mis-representation (seeing as it does have 2010-2011 on the renewal form!)

Bad EWA! Bad! #(

9. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

I am the same as Lin, I have rejoined so am going to actually use the SEC starting with JumpX tomorrow.

Although I see that you can enter JumpX and not be a member (pay $10 more in entry fee and a day membership fee), so does that mean that the SEC works on it's own rules separate to the EWA? mmmmmm Double standards anyone???';'#(

ps: this is not a dig at nonmembers competing but the stoopid EWA and SEC :p

10. CatabyWarmbloods

CatabyWarmbloods Active Member

Yeah I had to re-join as well, same deal.... I want to compete, so yeah... plus the fact you have to be a member to have your horse's performance cards, so there is no choice if I want to keep my guys C Grade and competiting up the ranks.

11. Jump Off

Jump Off Well-known Member

Same I had to cough up too as I am competing next weekend #:)(#:)(

12. pso

pso Gold Member

Guess its an easier choice for dressage people- cos we have no shows to go to anyway*#)
    I cant justify joining to use the SEC- when it isnt that much cheaper:}

13. Belinda

Belinda Well-known Member

Yep, will definitely be demanding my money back, and threatening to go to whatever ombudsman deals with this kind of thing if they don't give it back.

Checked my paperwork last night for the 09/10 year, and I definitely only paid $250 for the full 12 months. So how can they justify $190 for 6 months? I only join for the insurance aspect, so now with the hiked up membership I can get better insurance with another company for less money!

Gonna hold off on my vitriole until Monday though, cos I see on the website that one person will WIN their membership cost back today, so hopefully that will be me!!

14. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

The EWA really need to get their act together.
    I just went to pay my membership online and the membership renewal page still states that the renewal period is from the 17/7/2009 to 30/6/2010 !!
    WTF #( *#)

15. Belinda

Belinda Well-known Member

So has anyone had any luck with them responding to phone calls or emails?

16. Serenity

Serenity Well-known Member

Nope not yet.....:mad:

17. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Actually that is just the last time you paid and when you are valid until... it didn't state what period you are paying for! Unless you count that it said "what membership type are you for the next year" when you go to choose #(

I just did mine so looked out for it...

18. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

So let me get this right, the 6 months is just to get the membership in line with the calender months, so in january it will go back to 12 months, but we don't know how much it will cost??

19. pso

pso Gold Member

Yup Tarz- thats right..
    Tho according to the constitution- the 6 months is pro-rata, so 12 months will be double the 6 month rate (+or- inflation)#(

20. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Hmm..I swear when I first became a member years ago it was $175 or so for the year :(

Be interesting to see how much it is come january