EWA memberships

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by montygirl, Jun 8, 2010.

1. montygirl

montygirl Well-known Member

Has anyone seen the new prices for EWA membership? :( OMG! I can't afford that!

$190 for associate for 6 MONTHS!!!! Christ.... I paid about that last year for 12 months...... A senior membership is like $225 for 6 Months....#(

Apparently they are abolishing day insurance too, so to compete you either have to be EWA or a member of the host club.

Oi... I'm going to be so broke :(

2. Ditto.. Student is like $175 for 6 months.. Hello poverty ahha :eek:

3. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

Im looking at a divorce for sure:(

4. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

It would work out cheaper to take out club memberships to the hosting clubs then to pay that, the price includes ground fees at the SEC now but still, I know I won't be competing there much at all so is a waste of money for me. Looks like I will only be going SHC now!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
  5. Eventer4Ever

Eventer4Ever Well-known Member

Well... it's a bit silly for us country people who only even use the SEC once or twice a year :\

6. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Also, why do you have to include $50 if you want it sent to you by registered/express post? Just a tad more than $2.75 that registered post actually costs :eek:

7. beaudacious

beaudacious Well-known Member

i really hope thats just a typo with the dates because $190 for 6 months is just rediculous!

i certainly wont be joining or supporting ewa in the future if this is the way they are heading #(

8. pso

pso Gold Member

its not a typo on dates- 6 months only :(

I'm wondering if theres any value in being a member...

9. montygirl

montygirl Well-known Member

ridiculous! Having a horse is expensive as it is.... now they are just making it beyond a joke! Its going to be almost $500 for 12 months!#(

$50 for mailing?!?!?! Screw that! I'll drive up there and pick it up my blood self :mad:

10. F.adila

F.adila Well-known Member

there goes my hopes of competing with them prices :( :(

11. pso

pso Gold Member

comparative costs- for interests sake

NSW (12 months)
    senior $245
    Assoc $135
    Junior $130

VIC (12 months)
    senior $245
    assoc $141
    junior $115

BUT- the other states dont have the SEC to prop up...:}

12. finding_nemo

finding_nemo Active Member

Just a thought!!! If I joined the NSW EA would it cover me to ride in WA???

13. pso

pso Gold Member

If you have a NSW address FN ;)

14. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

Why are they only doing 6 month memberships? could that just be another revenue gathering exercise????

15. KaznNitro

KaznNitro New Member

Wow, that is rediculous :mad:
    I have always been a member since I started riding so I could get lessons from great Instructors!
    Why are they try to sabotage themselves??
    I was happy to pay the ground fees at SEC for the 2 comps a year I do there, Im sure Im not going to use up over $190 worth for the year at SEC???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    EWA you just lost me as a loyal member, how stupid! #(#(#(#(#(#(

16. alexander

alexander Well-known Member

I can't find the web page with all of the fees on???

I have to pay full membership and I don't even ride...just because I OWN an official horse that is competing. The rider has to pay full membership too! :(

17. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

It's to bring memberships back in line with performance card renewal ....

It is expensive .... but my only bonus is that I use the SEC quite a lot (I think it was some time last year I was down there 5 weekends in a row) so at least I'll get some of that extra membership fee back by not having to pay a ground fee :}. Just looking on the bright side (for once *#) ) .............

It sucks for those who can't or don't use the SEC..........

18. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

so then we have to find double that to renew at xmas time when most people are under pressure of xmas #( boy am I glad I don't have sprogglets to buy xmas pressies for, I might just be able to afford to pay my membership fees

19. magic_impact

magic_impact Well-known Member

It does seem a lot but when you consider the insurance side of it (how much do you guys pay for all your other non horsey insurances? probably as much if not more than this) it is still not too bad. I do like that they are getting rid of ground fees and reducing the price of casual hire of the SEC - tho they did not give those prices out in the email. The ground fees really bugged me, at least now it is all rolled into an annual (or in the first case 6 monthly) fee. We hire the XC course and grounds fairly regularly so will probably not be such a bad thing for us.

Dont like that they are taking away the option of day insurance - that makes it very difficult for people coming from the country for a few events a year or for people just getting into competition. Makes it expensive just to 'have a go' and see if you like it.

20. crave

crave Well-known Member

Please excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between Senior and Associate memberships? What does one give you that the other doesnt. I have only ever paid day membership at events so am trying to figure out what is best for me or nothing at all :( thanks.