Equissage or Equivibe?

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Cody, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Cody

Cody New Member

I am looking at buying an Equissage unit but have also seen there is a new product called Equivibe which is pretty much the same but covers the shoulders as well. Has anyone had experiences with both products and is there any major differences? I have used the equissage and have had fantastic results so been looking for a second hand one but apparently the Equivibe is cheaper so trying to weigh things up!

2. dezi2095

dezi2095 New Member

We have an equissage, had it for about 2 years, bought it just before National Showjumping Champs in 2009 - what do you know - we won! I think the equssage has alot to do with the win. Long trip from QLD to Werribee, VIC and he still went amazing.

Havent used/tried the Equivibe but i dont know if it has be proven to be as effective. Probably just because it is a new product but There are so many success stories out there about Equissage - you know you are getting a good quality product.

We use it on 9 horses regularly, they love it!

Maybe look for a second hand equissage, there are a few around and they are much cheaper than brand new. :)

3. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

its cheaper for a reason....

go the equissage.

4. SMR

SMR Well-known Member

Have you looked at the Activo-med electromagentic and massage rugs? I got an ex-display one for cheaper than a 2nd hand Equissage (I sold my Equissage). They are fantastic and have many preset programmes. You can use just the electromagnetic part, or the massage (the massage part has 5(?) different sections that work in a specific order along the whole length of the horse), or both.

The only advantage (IMO) of the Equissage is the handheld part which you can use on legs etc. I find the rug less agressive and more effective ;)

5. Cody

Cody New Member

Thanks guys but I went ahead and bought an ex demo equivibe at a good price last week. Has all the same concepts as the equissage with a few improvements so giving it a go. Now gotta go do heaps of treatments to pay off the credit card!!

6. Cody

Cody New Member

My EQUIVIBE arrived today! So excited!!! Tested it out on a mare who used to get Equissage treatments for her back issues and she also recently cut her leg. She was in heaven and it helped reduce the swelling in her leg finally :) Money well spent and I'm over the moon!!! Woohoo :)

7. hope 2

hope 2 New Member

Equivibe or activo rug

Hi guys. New to the forumn so sorry if this has been done a million times before. I'm looking at buying an Equivbe over an Equissage due to the extended shoulder pads or the activo magnetic rug . Not sure which way I'm leaning. My mare can be a little stiff to warm up. Have heard good reviews on the rug and the number of top equestrians that use it but is it as stong as the Equivbe? No way I can afford to buy either brand new so if anyone has either for sale I'd love to hear from you:)*