Equine Insurance

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Insurance' started by Belinda, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Belinda

Belinda Well-known Member

I have today been ringing around to get quotes for insuring a horse and thought others may be interested. These prices are based on a quarter horse worth $5,000 to be used for pleasure and minor showing (western trail, hunter showing, NOT eventing, showjumping, campdrafting etc) under 12 years of age. All policies are for death through accident or illness, theft, or death in transit.

AIS $297 pa (plus $198 pa for loss of use)
    Ford Kinter $335 pa (plus $60 for loss of use and/or $60 pa or liability of $2million
    Logans $320 pa
    Wallace $302.50 pa

Belinda

2. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

which do you think you'll use??

Nikiwink

3. Belinda

Probably go with Ford Kinter - so that makes it $400 including loss of use. A lot of money, but I have lost a horse before after only 1 year, so this time I want to cover myself.

Belinda

4. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

sounds like the best deal.

When i last looked into covering mine i was told it would be about 4-5% of the horses value per year. but that was a while ago.

And since i'm slack and cant be bothered sending you an email, have you looked in the Hoofbeats and Horse deals mags for ponies for sale and/or studs/trainers?

Nikiwink

5. Belinda

I'm going to buy Horse Deals next week when the new issue comes out. I love that magazine. Spend hours reading it and dreaming.

Belinda