Equine Chia

Discussion in 'Product & Service Promotions' started by Murray, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Cadabby

Cadabby Well-known Member

I've had Abby on Chia for 2 weeks now. Haven't noticed a change as yet in her coat, except for the fact that she's doing a wooly mammoth impersonation!
    I'm hoping it will reduce the clicking in her hind legs. Will keep you posted. I have before pics but will give it another couple of weeks before I take any after pics.
    Oh, and Arnie, I have changed nothing else in her feed so I'll be sure to let you know ;)

2. mochaminx

mochaminx Well-known Member

I do the same he he. And I sprinkle some on the kids meals when we have things like stir frys etc. I figure the omega oils in there certainly wont hurt their widdle brains LOL

3. Trojan

Trojan New Member

chai

Hi Equinechia found out why the chai wasn't working it was helping too fight a virse in my 2 old horses the vet said it was good I had them on it. The other 3 got no signs of the virse. We have had them on it for 3 months now and the husband said the hoofs have changed for the better and the flat footed TB is bare foot for the first time in 8 years. So now I'm try too talk my boss in to putting our foals on it. Just about to stock up again as the dogs are on it now too. thanks Equinechai

4. mum of five

mum of five Well-known Member

Can you tell me how it aids in sand elimination, I live on horrid black sand and have had a real problem with sand colic, I feed pumpkin once a week and psyllium for 3 days once a mnth, but with the added benefits of the chia Iam seriously thinking of buying some.

5. equinechia

equinechia New Member

Chia is hydrophilic (water absorbing); the gelatinous property of the seeds (upon getting wet in the gut) clears sand more effectively than expensive psyllium products. It has the capacity to absorb large amounts of liquid, increasing the volume passing through the digestive tract, stimulating the intestinal transit. This important feature clears sand and debris out of the horse's gut naturally, assists with regulating stool movement, helps prevent sand colic and diverticulitis.

6. equinechia

equinechia New Member

We are thrilled to announce that in about 2 weeks you will be able to Purchase Equine Chia from ALL Petstock and Horselands stores Nationwide!
    Thanks to all our valued customers for your continued support of Equine Chia.

7. Valencia Park Monty

Valencia Park Monty Well-known Member

we need a like button **)

8. equinechia

equinechia New Member

We are the MAIN sponsors of TTT Combined Training Day next weekend at Werribee Vic, so if you are in Vic and happen to be at werribee come say hi and get yourselfs some super specials.

9. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

I was under the impression you needed to feed the psyllium for a bit longer then 3 days for it to be effective?

I was told by my vet to do it every 6 weeks
    Start of 1/4 scoop and up it each day til you get to 1 cup.. which you feed for 3 days.. then decrease it the same way.. so you're feeding it for 7 days? :)

10. equinechia

equinechia New Member

If anyone happens to be in Victoria Saturday night, pop into the Werribee Market night and grab yourselfs some super special on Equine Chia

11. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

I have had my girls on it for a couple of weeks - the change is awesome! I think I'd like to order a bigger packet now with you guys :D (will check website) Can you guys send over the 25kgs to Perth?

Both coats are lovely and soft, both girls are happy and healthy. I'll find some photos! They haven't had it for a few days as I haven't been able to get to the shops (just bought some this morning), but I'm really pleased with this product!! :)

12. equinechia

equinechia New Member

Thats great news, and yes we can send it over to Perth asap, just jump on website and place your order, it will be sent out the same day you order it.

13. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Brilliant! (I was the one who emailed you lol)
    I will get a big bag when my little one runs out in about a week or two. Thankyou so much for the fast reply to the email :)

14. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Hey all, thought I give some photos of my horse who has been put on this product of the last few months. He's been on the same feeds (grain/roughage ratio changed with work level) but his work has increased (gradually) in that time. I'll show the photos and you guys can tell me if you think he's changed and how ;) .

21st of January - before feeding equine chia and in paddock condition
    [​IMG]

12th of March - about 6 weeks of feeding equine chia
    [​IMG]

16th of April - just under 3 months of feeding it
    [​IMG]

7th of May (last weekend) - fitter and with his winter coat
    [​IMG]

ps. I haven't used the "prettiest" photos but more those that show his condition and coat.

15. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Awesome photos, Springbok :)

16. equinechia

equinechia New Member

Fantastic Springbok, looking sensational. :)*

17. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

I don't have any before pics but here is one from this morning. Had a blanket clip done three weeks ago, a TB, paddocked not stabled at all, one winter rug atm and is in light work..

love equine chia, hoping to feed it forever. Oh did I mention he is only being fed lupins and chia (apart from chaff and hay) but that is it!!

[​IMG]

18. MyShadowfax

MyShadowfax Well-known Member

Hi!!

Just wondering if Chia could possibly benefit a pony in the early stages of chronic renal failure?

19. equinechia

equinechia New Member

No studies have been done on this sorry, but in saying that it could help him build up his immune system which in turn 'could' help with the renal failure. I wish you all the very best and sorry for the delay in responding to your question.

20. Cadabby

Cadabby Well-known Member

Here are the photos of Abby before and after Chia.
    She started getting it on 22nd April - 2 scoops per day, no other change to her (very basic, uninteresting) feed.
    [​IMG]
    22nd April - prior to feeding.

[​IMG]
    8th May - prior to clipping!

[​IMG]
    21st May - after clipping.

[​IMG]
    1st June (I think?!)

[​IMG]
    And because I know it's hard to compare as she was not clipped and then clipped, here's Abby just after being clipped last year.