Equine Centre Insurance Info

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Insurance' started by AADS, Jul 3, 2005.

  1. AADS

    AADS New Member

    Hi there

    I run our equine centre on our property. Has taken some time to get up and organised and the day has arrived.
    We are insured by a company at the moment for the trail riding side but I am hoping for some info on combining me as a instructor for riding and the trail side.
    All riders using my horses or there own must sign a public liabilty disclosure before we go our on trail rides but would like to change this insurance policy now I am instructing as well for beginners.It only covers trail.
    Thanks so much.
  2. Shakhaan

    Shakhaan Well-known Member

    Hi Matilda,

    Have you asked your current insurer whether or not they'll give you coverage for teaching as well??

    Be prepared for a hefty premium if you don't have formal teaching qualifications. I know of a riding school/dressage barn in Wanneroo who's owner/instructor is an EFA NCAS Level 2 Coach, she teaches both on own horses and school horses, and her premium last year was $12,000. I would expect it would be much more for an unqualified person. So much of it has to do with risk management.

    Ciao. Kiley.
  3. shan

    shan New Member

    you also have to be careful with public liability, according to our riding school down hear, the waivers the people sign are not worth the paper there written on.


Share This Page