Equi trek floats

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by western star, Sep 25, 2012.

1. western star

western star New Member

Hello I am new on here.I looking to purchase a new float and was looking for some advice. I was looking at 2 or 3 angle load camper float or gooseneck.Hoping some one can help with brand advice or their experience with certain floats.I was hoping some one would post their ideas on the equi trek range of floats .I was looking at their tri axle float.I have looked at their web site, but was hoping someone would have purchased one and would share their experience.Thanking you.

2. foxleigh stud

foxleigh stud Active Member

my friend has the big 3 wheel Equitrek - very very nice float clean and simple with great ideas incorporated. The living area is really functional if you want to go away for the weekend.

we are looking at buying the van the supersonic - go and check them out you will not be disappointed.

3. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

I had a good look at this float at Gidgegannup a while ago and will be interested to see how the market recieves them.

I am dubious about the awkward loading (or maybe unloading) and the facing backwards seemed quite alien. The partition seemed very rattly and edgy with no padding.

I did love the compact living area, but wasnt sold on the whole unit.

4. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

Had a look at the web-site. They seem to show a lot of the 'people living' areas (quite nice) however don't really show much of the 'horse areas'.

I gather they are 'side loading' but the horse is then faced forwards? Trying to negotiate the horse who was loaded second might be a challenge for some.

I can imagine that, at shows where parking is at a premium, the 'side gate' dropping down might irritate a few people.