Energy Gold

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by Babe, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Well cant see any extra oomph or fizziness happening yet...lol....in fact I do think he seems more laidback:)

2. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

LOVE it! Always keep it stocked up and use it on all show horses :). Awesome stuff!

3. Noah

Noah Well-known Member

Sarah can we get it out here at the rural store??
    Just happens that I had a sick horse at Belvoir last night & they said to put him on it. I want some now of course & don't want to have to wait til I can get to Northam:eek:
    Would Bob & Liz have some? And not at twice the price:mad:

4. bubblez

bubblez Well-known Member

it shouldnt be too expensive, we pay $135 for a 20L drum from oakford stockfeeds, so u can compare prices :)

5. Noah

Noah Well-known Member

Thanks bubblez, that sounds a lot cheaper than getting it in 2L cans.
    I shall have to wait til I can get to Perth though as I tried both possible places out here and I can't get it.

Another question,
    We have a very fat clydie cross boy who gets very itchy with the fine dust out here and I think the oil may help him with that. But....will it cause further weight gain?? We have him on a diet as he is too fat and can't risk making it worse.

Are there other things that can help nourish his skin without the extra weight gain?? Maybe flax seeds?

6. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Try saddleworld ;) www.saddleworldmaddington.com.au I buy from them. If its not on their website (but I'm pretty sure it is) then just e-mail them and their usually too happy to help!!!

I buy just the two litres at the moment but I have also bought the bigger drums which is better value!

Who was at Belvoir? Is everything ok?

7. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Babe - I rode yesterday, and Jed also seemed more laid back, and very cruisey but with oomph. Will see how we go tomorrow :) I'm loving it - deffinately going to get a 20L drum of it :D

8. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Oh thanks Cheeki...I have been feelign the same thing with my boy...I have ben wondering all night why he has been so nice and quiet hahahha
    Have noticed a small coat change,...just feels more silky but that could be my imagination! How much are you feeding of it?

9. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

I thought I was seeing things too LOL!
    Jed is deffinately gaining weight .. i'm never running out LOL

I think his coat is deffinately feeling softer, and a bit shinier (I wasn't sure if it was because he was being lightly rugged, but I let him nude the other night and was still shiny the next day!).

I'm up to about 1/2 cup - 1/3 cup. I was suggested to feed 1cup for weight gain, and then cut down to 1/2 cup once he's gained the weight.
    How much are you feeding? :)

I've only got a little 2L tub of it .. totally getting a 20L :)

10. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Hmm Im feeding a bit over 150mil...might up it now...as he is used to it in his feed...what is a cup in mils I wonder?
    Must say Im a bit impressed so far.:)
    I agree the 20litre sounds more cost economical

11. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

240 ml I believe is one cup (altho someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

Jed is almost at a full cup - and I'm feeling the oomph in todays ride! LOL Deffinately hot, but oomph! LOL

12. pso

pso Gold Member

Increase from 0-250ml over 14 days- no faster ;)

13. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Awesome Cheeki....oomph without hot is good! My boy's day off today and he was hooning in the paddock lol...

Pso..have you fed EG?

Have increased his nightly dose to 100mil...will give 80 mil in the morning:)

14. pso

pso Gold Member

nope- out of my budget :)

but most oils have the same energy levels- and you shouldnt increase them too fast (takes the body a while to adjust to processing oil- so if you add too much too soon its just going on the paddocks ;))

15. proud_equestrian

proud_equestrian Active Member

250ml is a metric cup :)

16. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Oh man...we have energy and forward tonight..lol...no fizziness tho :)
    And we have had 2 days off work lol

17. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Jeds coat is super dooper soft and smooth! And his winter coat is coming in leaps and bounds .. but its like cuddling a fluffy teddy LOL

He deffinately has more energy, but not fizzy. No riding for yester/today/tomorrow, but will see how we go on Monday :)

Just an update :D

18. proud_equestrian

proud_equestrian Active Member

Other than an awesome coat conditioner... what's it like for weight gain peoples? Any ideas?

19. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Well i just had a wonderful day at a show...where my boy was so lovely and quiet but had energy.....got remarks that he looked great...his coat magnificent..and that he had put on weight recently.....the EG has to have something to do with it :)

20. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Well done Babe **)
    I swear by the EG. Glad it's working for your boy too :)