Energy Gold

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by Babe, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Anyone feed this? Any feedback at all? Positive or negative;)
    thanks

2. kp

kp Well-known Member

I feed to all of the horses. I have had no problems with it. All the horses accept it readily in there feed. They also look well on it.

3. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Fantastic stuff IMO**)
    My horses love the taste and their coats are super. Coats are getting a little thick now but still super soft and shiney :)

4. bubblez

bubblez Well-known Member

love it, love it LOVE IT! great for energy, and puting on weight and coats! Its AWESOME! feed it to ALL my horses in varying degrees (depending on weight and what Im using it for).

5. lulubelle

lulubelle New Member

Friends use it on their horses, they all have fantastic coats....so does the dog that licked the whole lot up after some got spilt!

I am considering feeding it as well, and it smells gorgeous! :)

6. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Thanks guys! I just got soem from the stockfeeders....cant wait to see what the "child" thinks of it tonight in his tea;)

7. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Am trying this oil out with my boy :) will let you know how we get on .. he doesn't midn the taste (mind you, he eats anything LOL)

8. megz86

megz86 Well-known Member

I use it and will probly never change to anything else**) Made my mares coat sooo sleek and shiny.

My dog also loves it, she steals the old tins and spends hours waiting for oil to trickle out and quickly licking it up!

9. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Thanks Cheeki and Megz!

Cheeki...when did you start your horse on it?

Well I added some in his feed last night...and he smelt it and tried to push me outta the way to get to his feed before I even poured it into his feed bin! He usually always stands politely back!

And then I turn around and the stable cat is licking at the top of the Energy Gold tin! PURRING!**) So thumbs up so far from horse AND cat lol....on taste anyway...would be nice to see if there are any changes in a couple of weeks

10. Troppo

Troppo Well-known Member

Awesome stuff! I fed it to my mare who got Qld itch and it really helped with her coat condition and ability to counteract those nasty midges

11. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Thanks Troppo...oh wow, thats interestng....W has been bitten lately by soemthing that has put a few bumps all over him...he has been soo itchy...EG might help then

12. Keiko

Keiko New Member

I also love the stuff, it brings out a nice shine and I only need to feed a third a cup per day so it lasts ages

13. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Babe - started a couple of days ago LOL So far he's loving it :) Also changed my suppliment to Cell Vital Premium (was using Equilibrium) about a week ago now.

14. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

started feeding it to my pony after he colicked and lost a LOT of weight & had a sore tummy (and was STARVED didn't you know????). he got very shiney & got quite rotund within about 3 months. i don't feed it any more tho - perhaps i should start again?

15. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Cheeki...noticed any temperament changes?
    Im feeding the EG with Advanced Advantage and copra. I find pellets seem to just make him too fizzy..

Blitzen...that sounds great about your horse improving**) Any pics to share?

16. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Babe - Jed is also fed copra (he's on a high fat, no grain diet - he's sensitive to grains and summer is just a pain for keeping weight on, hence my testings with EG and pony cubes also).

So far I haven't noticed much of a difference. He seems a little more energetic, deffinately not hot or fizzy (altho he's not a hot/fizzy horse). I've only ridden him twice since starting EG (will ride either tonight or tomorrow also, will let you know how we get on) - he is a cruisey horse by nature, so it's nice to have a bit more oomph!

My mate used EG for her stbs - they look AMAZING and didn't get hot (as far as I know) :D

17. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Diva and the yearlings get EG :) They all seem to love it and have shiny coats :D

18. dayna

dayna Well-known Member

We tried EG on Zophia. Love the product and have used it before on other horses with no problems, but unfortunately it sent Zophia HOT, HOT, HOT.

I have not come across any other feed product that sends her fizzy, she is usually a VERY laid back girl, but the EG really fizzed her. Stopped using it and she reverted back into her normal easy quiet self.

Least I know what to put her on once I get her under saddle and we have a big ridden day the next day to give her some extra ompfff.

19. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

:eek:Nooooo...we dont need extra oomph! LOL *#)

20. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Haha not bad oomph - good oomph for us. But it might have just been the day :p

It looks like he is gaining weight - will tell in a week or two.