Electrolysis or laser hair removal (ladies only)

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Redsticks, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Starbe

Starbe Well-known Member

for those who are worried about it not being permanent - everyone is different so some people 6 will be enough but the average is you have to go back once or twice a year after 6 treatments.

hurts WAY less than waxing

the bit of hair that has grown back (i havent gone there for over a year though) is MUCH finer. im still happy i went

when a bit of hair starts to grow back in between treatments you can shave it so never have to be hairy.

i think its worth it :)

2. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

Im so tempted now...

3. Tempo

Tempo Well-known Member

Mmmmmm..... I am SO going to go and get this done. I know over the 6-10 treatments that it's going to cost me a few thousand dollars... but I think it will be well worth it :)*
    I would LOVE to get my whole legs done...but at an extra $600 PER treatment, I just can't justify it JUST yet...
    One powerball..........
    **) **)

4. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

If you have it done after puberty then over your lifetime it is far more cost effective than any other method of hair removal.

It would be a waste of money if you are still going through puberty as hair growth will sprout and expand, so its best to wait until after you have gone through puberty to have it done.

5. Tempo

Tempo Well-known Member

LOL!!
    Ummmm.... well.
    In just over 12 months time I'll be thirty and it's fairly safe to assume that I am done with puberty and all that it involves! :)*

6. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

sounds intresting :D:D:D i might look into it :D:D and save my monies up to get it done

7. Bertie

Bertie Well-known Member

I am having it done and it costs $99.00 a treatment and your 5th session is free (thats every 5 sessions including maintenance) it doesn't hurt anything like waxing, the pain is more like "heat" and not painful like waxing.

I have noticed a huge difference, and i am starting on my underarms now as well. I definately think it is worth it!! I have a few sessions to go and then it is onto the 6 mont maintenance sessions

I recommend everyone to give it a go - i am the biggest Woose, and i can do it, you can too.

I have heard IPL kills - i get the SPL done, from what i have been told IPL hurts more, but the light is a lot stronger and may give you quicker results - it is also generally more expensive.

8. SandownLodgeJelks

SandownLodgeJelks Well-known Member

i want all my hair gone permenantly except for eyebrows and head hair lol. Wayyyy too expensive. Id like to get "down there" done but i said only if the boyfriend pays for it as its for his benefit lol

9. Starbe

Starbe Well-known Member

a few thousand is a bit much! i spent 500 all up, but didnt do any maintence, which you would expect to be 200 a year i suppose.

10. Late Starter

Late Starter Well-known Member

I'm interested in the laser/IPL treatment as I'd love to have permanent hair removal done but am a reaaaal woos as far as pain goes; I tried having electrolysis done "down there" before my wedding 15 years ago and they hadn't even done the size of a 5 cent piece before I said enough is enough :( - I found it excruciatingly painful. Please tell me the laser type treatment is not as bad?

11. Bertie

Bertie Well-known Member

Hi Late Starter it depends where you go. I go to the Hair Free Centre and they use the Square Pulse light, i am a HUGE woose and i dn't find it painful at all. It is more a feeling of heat rather than a stinging pain (really hard to explain until you see for yourself) and it is gone almost instatntly - not like waxing.

I know people that have treid the Square Pulse light and have also had IPL (Intense Pulse Light) and they said that the IPL killed - like a huge boling hot lacky band constantly flicking you. - There was no way i was going to that!!!

Ring up Hair Free and ask them to book you in for a consult, they will have a look at your hair and explain it all to you, and even do a test patch so you can see what it feels like. When i first went she had booked in enough time to have it done there and then (i didn't though) check out their website as they have specials all the time - located in many different places.

Like i said if i can do it, i think anyone can :) Good luck:)*

12. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Hahahahaha *wipes tear away* I couldn't help but laugh at the comment .. nicely said :p

13. domingo

domingo Active Member

there is such a focus on body hair in Australia...
    My 9 year old daughter comes sad from school because she has been teased about her 'hairy legs'...

If we would use all that time to educate ourselves, I wonder where we could be by now...

I am one of the lucky ones I guess. My OH doesn't need his wife to feel and look like a prepubescent girl to feel secure/good.

Not a critique, just my opinion.

14. Cowgirl_9

Cowgirl_9 Active Member

I had IPL done, and I'm not exacly a woosy person and I have to honestly say it hurt a fair amount.. Hense why I am so reluctant to keep going back.. But if SPL doesn't hurt as much I think I might have to look into it..

Thanks for the info.. Personally I think hair should only grow on our heads and eyebrows!!! haha..

15. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

i couldnt agree more, **) ;)

16. Bertie

Bertie Well-known Member

Me three! :)*

17. Bertie

Bertie Well-known Member

Thats what i have been told by people who have had both.

SPL also seems to be cheaper, but you may need more treatments then with IPL as it is not as strong (hence why it doesn't hurt as much) - i would rather have reduced pain.

Good luck!

18. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

I love this thread.....thank you ladies, as I too was a trantula in a previous life & my father was a poodle LOL .....& I too have had close encounters with the whippersniper .....this thread has really made me laugh :)
    I think I am going to have to find somewhere thats not too far away ....hopefully Bunbury has a place & give it a go. I have been contemplating it for years :)
    I am not over keen on waxing either.....hurts too much. My leg hairs are so thick waxing makes them bleed .....but apparently I am very good humerous entertainment if you want to come watch LOL ..... my friend thought it was hilarious......I wasn't finding it amusing untiol after i recovered from the emotionally scarring experience LOL

19. Redsticks

Redsticks Well-known Member

I ve booked myself in
    End of the month
    I will let you all know how I go

20. Bertie

Bertie Well-known Member

Good Luck :)*