EFA HOTY results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Random_Winger, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Hi all, haven't been on here for a while, had a bit of a hectic life, but had to get on after the weekend we've had. What a very busy and fantastic show. Great line ups and competition, I would hate to have been the judges.

Firstly our little 4yo buckskin pony Brayside Butterscotch beautifully ridden by Brittany Wilson won the Small Show Hunter Of The Year, which is a fantastic achievement for a pony who has only attended six shows and has only been in work since Feb/March this year. Butterscotch is also the eldest progeny of Fairlight Acres Riverdance, so the first to be out under saddle. In her six shows she has now qualified for the Grand Nationals and the EFA Nationals, which is a great achievement for such a young pony, for Brittany & Kelly Wilson, for us as her owner/breeders and for her Daddy Riverdance. Sorry a bit of a brag.

Butterscotch also placed 2nd in Lead Rein and was a top five finalist in WA Bred.

And I am so proud of our little Wendamar Tulip all 10.2hh of her and her riders, they are little legends. Chloe Moon rode Tulip to perfection in the Small Pony Finals a fantastic work out and one I will cherrish on DVD forever. Chloe and Tulip also pulled off another fantastic workout to place 3rd in the WA Bred Small Pony. So a huge thanks to Chloe and her mum Jaccqui from all of us here.

My daughter Grace rode Tulip in the lead rein with their lovely handler Joanne Endersby leading them to win 2nd Best Presented, 1st Rider 6yrs & over, 1st Pony under 11hh and the Runner Up Lead Rein Pony Of The Year. Jo, Grace and Tulip did a fantastic job and are all looking forward to Melbourne now along with Butterscotch and Brittany ...... :confused: $$$$$$$:confused:

Congratulations to all the other winners, you all did a fantastic job and very deserving.

Huge congratulations to all the hard working people who volunteer their life/time to putting together and running a show of this standard and program you all deserve a week at a day spa !!!! Well done. And to the many sponsors, without you these shows can not run so a huge pat on the back for you all.**)

Not sure if we are allowed to list the sponsors ????

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  2. Wildwood

Wildwood Well-known Member

Well done to Show Horse WA for putting on such an excellent show!!!
    And well done Mon! You guys had a great weekend Butterscotch and Tulip are such stars and Tulip definitely had a vote from me in the small ponies! What a trot!

3. woooooo

woooooo Guest

Your pony Butterscotch is absolutely perfection - stunning. I couldn't work out how to fit her in my Mazda 3 without anyone noticing()&$^(!@$(%^

4. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

hey dollar sorry forgot about you butterscotch deserved that win her and brittany 's workout was fantastic the judges were well on the mark and the judge who judged leadline how hard was her job but very well done you deserve it good karma hey**) **)

5. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Thank you very much all of you, yes I certainly needed the good karma...

Woooo I think you might have a hard time fitting Butterscotch in your Mazda, you might have to tow her along behind.;)

6. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

WW Tulip definetly had a strong vote from me too but i'm bias.

7. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Well done to all the winners especially Erin and Mia. All your dedication and hard work finally paid off. :)*

The new people running the canteen were telling me they only found out that week they had won the tender and I reckon they put on a fabulous feast of pretty healthy food for a change! I had omelette with spinach, tomato and toast for breakky :) Better than the old greasy bacon and egg burger!!! (And it was WAY cheaper too!) I give the new catering staff 10/10 for putting on what they could at such short notice. And really nice people too! The guy even reheated my food extra hot for me when I told him I was pregnant :)*

I think for the first time in a long time the judges were consistent and I was more than happy with their selections.

Being a member of the EFA and spectator I felt the disappointment for the competitors having their substitute garlands taken from them to present to the next lot of winners because the garlands never arrived. A bit embarrassing at such a large event to not have the garlands and ribbons arrive. #( This is also not the first time there has been an error made with the final results!

8. Linnybear

Linnybear Well-known Member

The results are up on the other site **)

Although we didn't find out until Monday, we were involved in the results error :( , but can now finally post our results, YAY :D

LE DOLPHIN with Caitlin up, 2nd Runner up Large Hack of the Year,
    with Taryn, Top 5 Intermediate Hack of the Year and

OWNER/RIDER HACK OF THE YEAR

Not bad for a Newcomer that has only been to a few shows :D

Thanks Caitlin for such a wonderful ride on Saturday :))

9. Linnybear

Oh and I forgot to say

CONGRATULATIONS to all the competitors :))

We got to watch all the finals and they were all absolutely stunning horses and ponies that did awesome workouts, everyone should be so proud :))

10. Carousel

Carousel New Member

Volunteers, HOTY and other stuff

Well done again to Orleans Graetz and little Wizzy,at last she has no big brothers to compete against, That pony has come along way since this family took him on and now he is a legend, winning three years in a row and they continue to raise the bar every year. I know this family and they dedicate their time and effort whenever and wherever they can on a volunteer basis, take complaints from everyone as I know Fiona is on SHC aswell but still keep coming back to help run other big events. Big CONGRATULATIONS Nikki Chivers for a show that on the day all was GOOD. Keep up the good work.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  11. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

The garlands not turning up in time was out of the committees hands and was an Australia Post error, but we received our garland yesterday and it is absolutley beautiful. Grace has taken it to school today for news along with her and Butterscotchs beautiful sashs and rugs....

12. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Congrats Linnybear, we all loved watching Le Dolphin and were surprised when he wasn't pulled into the top 3. He looked awesome and worked beautifully. Congrats!

13. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Ahh bloomin aussie post. I wouldnt know about having problems with them, I hand deliver my garlands :)*

Glad to hear they arrived though, eventually!

14. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

well done linnybear taryn was sooo happy :)*

15. Linnybear

Yeah, I don't think she has wiped the smile off her face yet :D

Must be the same in your house too!!! Erin did a fantastic job :)*

16. clarkey

clarkey New Member

Chis Rode brumby for top 10- she let me use him in her rider YAY lol
    She won her age group and went on for champ snr rider... well deserved

17. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

and YAY you got to ride Miss Moose indoors!

18. Solitaire

Solitaire New Member

As a proud and dedicated member of the "Le Dolphin Fan Club" i'd like to say:

WOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOO go Fin!!!! Yay! and of course Taryn! You guys are such superstars!

I've got my pom poms ready for next time!

This is only the beginning and the best is yet to come!

(Sympathy to all those involved in the mix up, such a heartwrenching thing to go through.)

19. Carousel

Carousel New Member

Attention All People

Does anyone know aside from Lorelle Mercer who was the other person taking photos at HOTY on the weekend.

20. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

I think it would have been Horseplay Sports Photography.