Edwards Floats

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Dusty Road, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Dusty Road

Dusty Road Well-known Member

Does anyone have any experience with these?

It is my understanding that Alan Edwards is building the old Ed Lockyer floats now, is this correct? Does anyone actually own one that Alan has built? If so, what is it like? Do you love it? What would you have done differently?

2. Dusty Road

*bump*

Surey someone has one????

3. Surrender

Surrender New Member

Hi Dusty

I don't own one of Al's floats, but I can confirm that he has taken over from Ed Lockyer and I believe the quality is the same. Alan is a good guy and would be good to deal with too.

4. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Actually Surrender, I'd say the quality and finish is better :p

5. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

I have two of them LOL, very agricultural, but built to last.

6. firesign24082

firesign24082 New Member

I have one built for me last year, extended long & high and I love it to bits. As Nannygoat said, agricultural but I wouldn't have anything else.

I had a Lockyer standard prior to this and loved it too, which is why I sought them out again. My new one is a basic model, but he also makes beautiful upmarket ones as well with kitchenettes, annexes, 2 pac paint etc. Allan can do anything your heart desires! :)*

7. Dusty Road

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

I live in the North west, and drive on dirt roads a fair bit so agricutural is fine for me **)

When I contact Allan he was most helpful, far more so than some other well known dealers of more popular and commercial floats. And his prices are very reasonable. Hopefully I will be able to order one in the next 12 months :D

8. Bella85

Bella85 New Member

Dusty Roads - do you have a contact number and address for Alan Edwards. I have a girlfriend who had an Ed Lockyer float a few years back. She sold it to buy an Olympic but I believe the Ed Lockyer to be the better float! I am now in a position to purchase a float and would love to speak to Alan and get a quote. I want extended front with no frills - just a good solid float.
    Any info would be great!

9. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Bella - Have pm'd you.

10. Sturdy1402

Sturdy1402 New Member

You'd be talking about my polocrosse coach there ;)
    Good bloke, and a great coach! I'm hiring one of his floats for the season, first trip this weekend from Baldivis to Walkaway. I'll let you know how it travels :)

I'm also in the market for my own float so I've tried out the Imperial extended, which is a nice light float, roomy, and great to tow. Al's is next to try out and I'm waiting for the new Xplorer float to be released at the royal show to scope them out.

Float shopping is harder than car shopping I reckon!

11. ClubIgnite

ClubIgnite Well-known Member

Same quality method and materials, better features and blinging up! :p

12. Double Helix

Double Helix Well-known Member

Could someone please PM me his contact details, please :) I have an Ed Locker float which I have had for 11 years and it is great - just looking into having it "blinged" up. Also have a friend looking to buy a float so will pass on his details.

13. Sturdy1402

Sturdy1402 New Member

I've now used Al's float twice and it tows so incredibly well! You can feel its solid and sturdy from the moment you pull out of the driveway. Easy to clean, the Jarrah hard wood floors make it easy and comfortable for the horse to travel in.
    I was talking to Al at the last polocrosse carnival discussing a custom float (more like a camper float) and there's nothing he can't do. He's open to all ideas and seems to have an endless knowledge on good quality materials that make the float last, and your horse comfortable.

My dream float will include:
    Fold up beds, storm door, water tank, independant power, custom front tack box, dual access, removable divider and chest bars, extended width and height, etc... just to name a few.

He didn't seem phased, nothings to hard for him to achieve. you can have the bells and whistles, a posh looking float, australian made and built to last.

If anyone requires his details, please let me know and I will PM you.

14. carla

carla Well-known Member

could someone pm me his details. im in the south west but may have to come to perth just need some repairs on my ed float. thanks

15. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Will PM you his number Lou.
    Maybe contact Michelle too. She can give you his number and has an idea of what FIFO swing he's on.
    Will also send you a link on that other social networking site.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2012