EA Memberships and Renewals

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by nannygoat, Dec 8, 2011.

1. moodymare

moodymare Well-known Member

ok so I have a very(super) basic horse atm and wont be a member of the EWA for at least 2-3 years but as a breed club sourceing for grounds the SEC is sooo expensive so if all the EWA membership is going into the maintenence of these grounds the why are other orgs expecteted to pay massive prices to hire them?????. I want the sport of horse riding to be sustainable but theer is more than just dressage and eventing willing to use any grounds, hack days and breed shows are being pushed out of the CBD so the SEC would be a good place to relocate but the hire fees are massive for a day, hopefully with all the changes this coming year entails with clubs and grounds being shut down some compromise can be reached. I would be willing to pay EWA membership if only the SEC was more affordable for breed orgs to run Breed shows from as atm that is my only show option also it would be nice if breed orgs could affiliate with EWA in a finacially agreeably way, I am sure they could majorly triple or more thier numbers if this were an option

2. fuddles

fuddles Well-known Member

';'#(#(#(#(

@$#$$(%$@^&%)^$&*^()*)

my level of frustration after trying to register on line

!#@%^$#&$^&$$@%&%*(^(&&%^$#$

think l will have to pull a SICKIE just so l can go into the office to join and pay
    is this some sort of sick joke to have a user unfriendly system

Up until now l have been happy to pay and join now l am @$#&$*$%$*)**(%$ over it

3. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

LOL Fuddles. Best you pull that in the sick today or tomorrow then. The EWA offices are closing down for Xmas tomorrow.
    Still, there are no shows on till the new year so you might as well wait till then to pay. Why let them earn interest on your money for any longer than necessary. :p

4. Reg81

Reg81 Active Member

I think this is a great idea, quarterly intallments would be great, would feel like is making easier to pay instead of one big sum(especially over Xmas/New Year). Don't know if would be hard to keep track of it all though :confused:

5. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

installments would be great!! esp if the price keeps going up, this time of year is hard enough.

6. Hunny

Hunny New Member

Try being a country competitor whose never even seen the SEC, yet seems to be paying money towards it..... #(

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  7. Ridelikeyoumeanit

Ridelikeyoumeanit Active Member

PCA/EA joint membership discount

thought this would have been more appropriate if they had of included the upper age bracket of pony clum membership to encourage to stay in pc. fat lot of good it is going to do us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 December 2011
    Equestrian Australia and Pony Club announce dual
    membership rebate
    Equestrian Australia (EA) and Pony Club Australia (PCA) are proud to announce the first of many joint
    initiatives, the PCA/EA Dual Member Rebate Scheme.
    The PCA/EA Dual Member Rebate Scheme is a program jointly developed by Pony Club Australia and
    Equestrian Australia to provide a benefit to riding members of both organisations. This rebate recognises
    the commitment of dual members and assists to facilitate lifelong equestrian participation via a pathway
    through Pony Club and Equestrian Australia.
    Commencing from the 01 January 2012, a $50 per person rebate will be available for eligible members
    who are, or want to become, dual members. Any current riding member of an Australian Pony Club, who is
    aged between 12 and 16 years (as of 1 January 2012) and currently is or would like to also be an
    Equestrian Australia member is eligible to receive a $50 rebate upon completing their EA membership.
    The PCA/EA Dual Member Rebate Scheme, is designed to facilitate continued involvement and increased
    participation in both organisations within the critical age bracket of 12 to 16 years.
    This initiative forms part of Equestrian Australia?s broader participation strategy, which has been supported
    by the Australian Sports Commission (ASC) ?Participation Funding?.
    Equestrian Australia?s CEO Grant Baldock explains the significance of the rebate scheme and the
    importance of supporting junior riders and encouraging new participants. ?EA is excited to be working with
    Pony Club Australia to be able to offer this rebate to junior riders. Youth participation in equestrian sport
    needs to be nurtured and a clear pathway defined for development and progression. This rebate scheme
    lays the foundation of a strong working relationship between our two organisations, which share the
    common goal of supporting members and strengthening participation in equestrian sport.?
    A total of $100,000 has been designated for dual members to be claimed at time of their EA membership
    renewal period, allowing a maximum of 2,000 dual members to be recognised through the program
    throughout 2012. This amount will be allocated on a first-in first-served basis.
    Olympic silver medallist Shane Rose feels that Pony Club and Equestrian Australia both played a vital role
    in his road to success. ?Both organisations helped me achieve what I have achieved. I was a long-time
    member of Pony Club and it was there I found my love of riding and learned the basic principals of
    horsemanship. Equestrian Australia has since provided me with the high performance opportunities to fulfil
    my international goals. I think this is a great initiative and applaud the Australian Sports Commission for
    their support.?
    Pony Club Australia President, Mr. Greg Bailey acknowledges and agrees with comments from Baldock
    and Rose. ?As the two organisations are autonomous in their directions, this rebate to junior riders
    recognises the existing healthy relationship between Pony Club and Equestrian Australia, with Pony Club
    providing the grassroots equestrian training and skill to take riders through to high performance training
    and for some to the Olympics. We are pleased to continue to work collaboratively with Equestrian
    Australia to further educate young Australian equestrians,? he said.
    The PCA/EA Dual Member Rebate Scheme can be accessed through the EA equnect system. Applicants
    simply need to ensure their PCA membership is current, register for equnect via their EA State website,
    and complete the membership form (ensuring they select the EA/PCA Junior Dual Membership category).

8. kathera

kathera Active Member

"first of many joint memberships" lets hope that means a similar will be implemented as an ARC member!

9. SSAPH

SSAPH Well-known Member

Intersting that the jnt membership does not cover kids under 12 yrs either! There is a lot of PC & EA members below 12 yrs old

10. Rivvy

Rivvy Active Member

Heeelllllpppp, I was one of the ones that had massive problems with equnect, so they erased the first registration and I have reregistered it. So I have done my profile, done the photos of the horse front and both sides now I dont know how to pay my membership. Every time I go to pay now it tells me to press an ADD button but I cant see a add button on the website or my computer, so frruuussstttrating, oh I did a help desk request and have heard nothing. :))

11. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Rivy they are shut over the holiday season so don't expect too much from the help desk lol

12. retroremedy

retroremedy Well-known Member

The "add" button should appear in the window that pops up when you click to pay...it is usually up the top...BUT if you have only just registered it will take while for your membership details to be confirmed. What happened to me is that I registered and then got an email a few days later letting me know I could now pay...so if you have only just registered you may have to wait for confirmation :)

13. Rivvy

Rivvy Active Member

Hi RR, so glad your online, so thats what must have happened then because this only all went through yesterday, so I will wait. Thankyou **)

14. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

well im still being dumb and blind and can not figure out how to add a payment grrr

15. Gamby

Gamby Well-known Member

Have you received an email telling you that your membership needs paying? If you have the amount will be in the payments...if you havent then you need to wait until you get the email.

16. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

thanks gamby i hav enot recieved that email but i have had the approval one and been a member for a few weeks

17. Rivvy

Rivvy Active Member

Im in the same position, am a member but not had an email saying to pay , went onto the pay now on equnect and nothing comes up, have a help desk number asking how the heck do I pay my membership but have no answers, as NG said theyve probably closed for chrissy now. Not sure when the twighlight entries open I see they have been advertised will go and have a look but wonder if I could enter if Ive not paid my membership ??

18. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

I entered the Twilight Dressage already before I renewed my membership so shouldn't be a problem. It took a little bit but I got my invoice and successfully paid for it a couple of days ago. Any system like this will always be teething problems.