EA Memberships and Renewals

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by nannygoat, Dec 8, 2011.

1. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Am I reading this correctly that you cannot pay by cheque or drop in the office?

Everyone MUST conform and register online??

(oh and be approved? What does that mean?)

2. montygirl

montygirl Well-known Member

And there has been another price hike!:mad:

3. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

i am very confused already....... :eek:

and yes NG, i think everyone has to do it online! so much easier to post renewal...

4. pso

pso Gold Member

You can pay in the office if you pay an admin fee LOL*#)

Yes- renewals have to be done online...if you can get the system to work!!!

senior membership $412.80 (with fees included)

Ok given that;
    -you no longer need to be an EA member to have lessons with an NCAS coach,
    -day memberships are allowed
    -SHC council offers same accident insurance for around $100 (?)

You now only get benefit of being a member if you wish to compete officially!!!! They are totally writing out the lower level riders...the grassroots that they are meant to support and promote!!!#(

5. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

so those that ride unofficially, but joined last year because day memberships were not allowed and that was the only way to compete if you didnt want to join a dozen different clubs to compete at all their shows - dont need to join again for 2012 then right? (and if they wanted the insurance, can go and join SHC for a lot less $$)

hmmmm....

6. Cassy Horse

Cassy Horse Well-known Member

I just joined my new horse online and paid an extra $10 in fees, whereas last time I joined a horse it was just the $150! You would think taking out the middleman by doing it online would save the fees as opposed to sending in the form to the office! *#)*#)

7. pso

pso Gold Member

yep- totally correct **)

8. retroremedy

retroremedy Well-known Member

I am completely confused by the new members portal, definitely not intuitive to use and doesn't appear to come with any instructions :/

By some miracle I have succeeded in renewing my membership but I have no idea about what to do to renew my horses performance card.....it appears to be asking me to upload photos of him from various angels??

Does anyone have any idea how to do this and if I still need to send his performance card into the office?

9. pso

pso Gold Member

Maybe ring the office RR?
    hell- if they are charging a service fee...They obviously expect to provide a service??*#)

10. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Who gets the extra $7.80. Does anyone know?

11. InkibahD

InkibahD Well-known Member

Ok s this day membership thing? does that mean we can event at prelim level on a day membership?

12. TJT

TJT New Member

Ok given that;
    -you no longer need to be an EA member to have lessons with an NCAS coach,
    -day memberships are allowed
    -SHC council offers same accident insurance for around $100 (?)

You now only get benefit of being a member if you wish to compete officially!!!! They are totally writing out the lower level riders...the grassroots that they are meant to support and promote!!!

Sorry PSO, where can we read/find this info.....totally surprising that they are changing rules again, But should know that anything is possible with the EWA!!! *#)

13. InkibahD

I just tried finding info on their website but its pretty hard to find out and i doubt they will advertise the fact that you dont need to be a member to event low level.. so yueah if someone could point me in the direction of where i can find out if i can low level event on day memberships? that way i could not joing until the 2nd half of year and save some $$

14. Maddog 29

Maddog 29 Well-known Member

If somebody could let me know too please:))

15. dakota95

dakota95 Active Member

I'm confused as well...I would like to compete in open at low level eventing and events such as southside jumping club ETC...Was not looking forward to having to pay for EA fees but looks like I don't have to if they offer day insurance?

16. InkibahD

i have emailed them so we shall see what they say

17. pso

pso Gold Member

It is up to the individual club whether they decide to offer day/competition memberships for their events- as it it them that bear the risk, and the increased premiums... some dont due to this
    Maybe if you look at this years programs and see if the shows you plan to do offered day memberships this year, as that will be a fairly good guide as to what they will do next year ;)

TJT- its all on the website...in various places *#)

18. TJT

TJT New Member

Thanks PSO, will keep looking at the web.

I suppose my concern is that if a club holds a dressage day and it is Associate, I would assume you have to be an associate member, otherwise I would think that to have the day membership would be for adult riders etc etc....anyway will look and will email them.....

Why change it all now....geez....I think numbers are low now, will this make it even lower?????? #(

19. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

So the insurer allows day memberships but we're going to be reliant on the EWA to actually offer them at their shows yes ? If they decided that doing the extra paperwork is all too hard then we won't be given the option :}

I can't decide whether to rejoin the EWA or not. For what I do and the level I ride at, more of the shows I hope to do this year will be run by pony clubs and not the EWA. These shows offer day memberships or I believe I can pay $40- 50 a year to the PCAWA for membership and then be exempt from day fees. It doesn't take many shows for this to pay for itself.
    I'm happy that I don't need EWA insurance to have instruction from NCAS coaches. Buggers kept that one quiet *#)
    I do like to have some form of personal accident insurance though so will give the SHC membership some serious thought.

*snap* PSO. Just read your most recent post :)

Gah, I'm confused :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
  20. Cassy Horse

Cassy Horse Well-known Member

My fees for the coming year with a new horse -

Horse Rego (paid already thankfully to break it up a bit!) - $150 plus $9.54 fees
    Horse New SH Card - $40.00 plus $5.00 post plus $2.86 fees
    Associate Rego - $365.00 plus $7.28 fees

= $579.68

:(

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011