EA Membership cost, time is ticking......

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Mardi, Nov 26, 2010.

1. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

Oh! :( Being sick with moaning minnies is horrid... Hope you get well soon! rofl :D :))

2. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

With talented humour and wit like that you should be doing stand up ;)

3. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

With you as my cranky pants off-sider we'd floor 'em! (or they'd floor us! *#)) bahahaha! :D

Merlin... cover your ears (it's for your own good and health!)

Must admit I am completely over the EWA - was looking to really get stuck into competing this year, but honestly... can't / won't compete under the EWA if they don't get their act together!

Ok, you can come out now Merlin :) :D

4. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

*pokes head out***)

5. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

email response i got today....

"I?m sorry I know it?s getting close to Christmas so much to do and so little time, we are still waiting on the board to make the final decision hopefully it will be very soon!"

6. Topaz17

Topaz17 Active Member

this is the reply i got from them about the prices:
    "I haven?t received the prices from the Board as yet, but I am hoping to have them next week".

So i wonder how many times they will say next week for?

7. sherreem

sherreem Well-known Member

thought the final decision was made at the AGM, also thought the AGM had been held by now.

8. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

haha waiting for the board. hahaha. Would that be their white board or black board???';' Hope no one cleaned it or you'll all be back to square one.:p Perhaps they are all out on their surf board. pfffffffffffffffff.*#)

9. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

LOL Marianne **) :p

10. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

it would be good of them to give us a bit of warning instead of dumping the price on us at the last minute :( hoping they announce prices soon so i can get money together!

11. IPPH

IPPH New Member

After the carry on I had with this year's membership taking 3 months to be finalised (after numerous calls & emails on my part) I have to say EWA can find a cliff, run and jump. I'd love to see what would happen if I just ignored my bills etc for 3 months!!! *#)#(

I will stick to PCAWA comps for now. From what I have seen this year the PC shows are better organised anyway. State Sj champs were a hot mess.

Was hoping to grade one next season but oh well. Another season's training will only do him good.

End of whinge :)

12. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

Is there a reason why there aren't more discipline specific associations such as the SHC and WAERA etc? They manage to keep fees down, keep their members insured and happy while staying professional. Why isn't there something like this for Dressage, Eventing and SJ (seperately?)

ETA Just checked SHC website $100 a year for full membership - how reasonable is that!!

Atleast that gives all us recreational riders a very viable alternative for insurance and having lessons etc. Just means we can't compete at the SEC in a discipline other than hacking hey?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2010
  13. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

thats why im with them now Bon :))
    But you need another membership to go to our coach at the moment (I have an ARC that is on the list...)

14. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

Yep me too :) And was planning on joining them again next year **)

Depending on what the fees are I'll just join SHC and the Club I'm already with - maybe I could hackify Jingles? *#)

It would be a good thought for the other disciplines though? Worth considering anyway... Maybe someone that is in the know could englighten me... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2010
  15. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I didn't think you could have lessons with NCAS accredited instructors with SHC membership ?
    I can remember a thread on here last year talking about ARC memberships and how it only allowed you to have lessons at an ARC rally/clinic not outside, private lessons :confused:

16. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

It's something to do with affiliation. My club is affiliated or whatever so I'm covered for lessons with my NCAS instructor :)

17. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I was with an affiliated club the other year too and yet I was told by an instructor that I could only have lessons with them on designated club rally days. For other lessons I needed to have my own EWA insurance ';'
    Honestly ... I can't keep up. *#)

18. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

I am able to get lessons with NCAS coaches no worries with my club membership ';'

19. pso

pso Gold Member

If you are a member of an EA affiliated club, then you are covered for lessons with an NCAS coach at any time...Many ARC's arent EA affiliated, so yo uare only covered if they are teaching at a recognised club day/clinic...

SHC insurance does not cover you for lessons with and NCAS coach, nor at EA affiliated events...

I think...for now...or last time I looked :p LOL*#)

20. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Thanks for the clarification PSO.
    Seems some instructors are as confused as us plebs *#) ;)