EA Membership cost, time is ticking......

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Mardi, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

SHC should put on some dressage days :D

2. pso

pso Gold Member

I said 'totally' LOL

Dont you read the news and the minutes? (all on the web)

Doesnt mean they cant change their mind tho :p

3. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

read the blasts (still get sent them but am not a member LOL) but have better things to do with my day than sift through minutes LOL. A good association would inform it's members about the important things...

4. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

You could have read a year's worth of minutes in the time you have spent on this thread. ;)

5. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

All we who are competing can do and are prepared to take the risk of the membership not costng the earth is to put entries in and put something like TBA.

I agree with PSO think it might be between $330 and $450 a year- sigh

6. Shera

Shera Active Member

No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong... But myself and another have entered the twighlight series. I'm not a member and I haven't paid, it said I had 10 weeks to pay about 3-4 weeks ago.....
    If I don't get my membership oraganised in time and bail I think it's their fault for not getting their crap together. Same as everyone else I didn't want to miss out otherwise I would have waited.
    I had hoped to have my girl reg and be a fully paid up member for next year by now.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  7. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

Its the point that members should not have to read minutes to find out something so fundamental as membership costs just over a month out from them being due!

It also means that when they finally DO get their shit together and advertise membership renewals, they will have an influx and wont be able to process them fast enough...

8. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

sigh.. have entered prelim.. BORING. lol.. over my rant...

9. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Was talking to someone from the SEC today (got to love who you meet at a dog show ROFL). Apprarently the new prices should be on the website but I can't find them :(

10. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

LOL prob just said that to avoid the questions hahahahaha can imagine the convo- oh yes ummm its ummm on the website um... yes ... totally

hahah

11. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

LOL I actually didn't have the conversation with the SEC person just the OH :D Then friend I was with spoke to SEC person later and that was what he was told :p

But then the SEC and EWA are seperate bodies now anyway ;)

12. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Just a wild guess...but if it was $225 for 6 months, it will probably be $450 for the 12 months next year

13. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Except that some people were told that the 12 month rate would not be double the 6 month rate ';'

14. katers93

katers93 Well-known Member

But they won't double the admin fee?? I don't know what admin fee is, but if it is around $125 (I can remember someone mentioning $100 +) then even if they doubled membership it would only be $325, so I don't see how it could be double the total membership fee? Tell me I'm right cause that sounds way too expensive to me otherwise :(

15. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

So getting on here and having a good old winge is going to "spur" them into action#(

It amazes me no end the amount of gizzling that goes on, and everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

Im sure we will all recieve our renewal's in due course. So keep putting your $$$$$ in a jar**)

16. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

Well what else can one do when complaints to the assoc fall on deaf ears?

17. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

Build a bridge??????

18. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

easy for you to say, you have choices in your sport.

19. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

Bahahaha... Merlin's a cranky pants! Merlin's a cranky pants! rofl :p Rough day?

20. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

LOL, nup perfectly fine just get sick of moaning minnies ;)