EA Membership cost, time is ticking......

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Mardi, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

Just go in the horse section, its not like they will check LOL Go FEI!!! :D

2. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

have just emailed the organisors for clarification....

pretty miffed ( to put it politely) at EWA right now ill tell you that much!!! been planning this comp since feb last year....F**KSAKES! I HATE EWA!

Mardi- we do ok in smaller comps against the open horses i always like to compare my results.. might have to and just use it as training rounds....but its not the same...

3. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

#( I know EC, it not the same and not the point. #( Point is you should be in those classes cause the membership should have already been out circulating.

4. pso

pso Gold Member

You can all enter the friday night series, even if you arent a member now...
    You only need to be a member at the close of entries...
    (I already asked ;) )

So all calm down and put your money where your mouth is :p

5. Excelsior Centerpiece

HATE U EWA!!! *runs to her room and slams the door* HATE YOU. why do you have to be so shit and unoganised and not communicate the IMPORTANT stuff to members (yes i get email blast but seriously... the only info i need to know on em is membership fee amount atm...who cares bout comp dates WHEN I CANT ENTER THEM!)

seriously- ive been planning and working towards this comp and the summer series since jan and feb last year....

just emailed my instructor and she goes - ha just go elimentary.. but theres a big difference in training and playing around in elementary and actauly competing it...

and last year we did mostley prelim and a few novice tests so will be like skipping a level....

we do have two months tho before comp starts... hmmmmmm i feel a challange comming on...

6. Excelsior Centerpiece

would have been nice to have had this clarified before all teh spots got taken... i thought u had to be a member when u entered...

7. pso

pso Gold Member

Have ALL the spots already been taken?

All you had to do was ask....:p

8. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

I think most people are waiting to see how much membership will be. They did say it wont be double the 6 months but they didn't say it wont be triple LOL

The comp I want to enter which closes very early Jan needs 2011 membership details and they also need to be produced on the day. Makes it hard when theres no membership form to fill in or how much it will cost. :}

9. Excelsior Centerpiece

ya for the first two nights anyway- didnt bother checking the third.. i go for series and leaderboards.. i like rugs... they look nice on my horse and saves me buying them.... ;)

i did email the EWA last month and said- wanting to know when memberships are avail as i want to complete my entrys....

they didnt specify then.....

10. pso

pso Gold Member

EWA arent running the event EC...you have to ask the EO for specific details about an event ;)

11. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

12. Excelsior Centerpiece

13. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

They are all full??? omg really? Okay anyone got Global entries website?

14. pso

pso Gold Member

they're not full?:confused:

just enter as a horse EC...and freign computer incompetence when you realise u should be a pony...*#)

15. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

lol PSO...Im sooo blonde!! Okay Ive booked for first comp...just hope nutting goes wrong between now and then LOLOL:D

16. Mardi

Mardi Active Member

17. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

PSO what happens if you enter and then withdraw once the new fee structure comes out ? Are they going to crack the sh*ts ???
    Regardless of you being allowed to enter without having renewed your membership, the fact remains that they're taking too long to inform members of exactly how much the new fees will be #(
    I get more notification than this on my car rego and insurance and they cost damn near as much as EWA membership :}

18. pso

pso Gold Member

You have to pay to enter- if you want to make a donation, I'm sure they'd appreciate it *#):D

Yes- I agree the details should be available by now- it does make things hard for those of us on a tight budget...
    I have a guesstimate on what the fees will be, and am budgeting for that amount... We know it will definitely not be under $330...And hopefully it wont be over $450... Can hardly say they've kept people totally in the dark ;)

19. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

Cant we???:}

20. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Thanks :) Rules me out. Not prepared to pay the entry fees now.
    I've never paid for more than basic membership and I'm cringing at the thought of paying for Associate or Official.
    Ah well, will just stick to having lessons and riding around at home :p